GDT: Group H • May 10 • France 1, Finland 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
Ok game over but if I understood the Finns right they prefer Pihlström and Pyörölä in the team instead of Kiiskinen and Tuppurainen right?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
We're not talking about the biggest monies in the world, but bragging rights

C'mon, give us a number. :nod:

Good game by Finland. Loved Järvinen, as with games before. Getting better every game.

Paatos

Jan 5, 2006
Oulu
Ok game over but if I understood the Finns right they prefer Pihlström and Pyörölä in the team instead of Kiiskinen and Tuppurainen right?

I'd say yes. Didn't see much of Tuppurainen, although Kiiskinen was OK.

Mara

May 10, 2011

I'd say yes. This was probably just giving Tuppurainen and Kiiskinen a chance to get a feel for the game so that in case of injuries they'll be ready to hop in. Tuppurainen did create one goal for Kapanen but tbh France isn't the best possible measurement to see how they handle themselves in WHC.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Fin-can 5-3
inglip-blame-canada.png

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
I'd say yes. This was probably just giving Tuppurainen and Kiiskinen a chance to get a feel for the game so that in case of injuries they'll be ready to hop in. Tuppurainen did create one goal for Kapanen but tbh France isn't the best possible measurement to see how they handle themselves in WHC.

Yes, that's the problem if you test new players against weaker teams like France.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I'd say FIN 2 - 4 CAN

We'll take the necessary loss now. However, if Finland wins, it's going to be 3 - 1.

Yes, I think you got to lose one if you want to win. The team has now 11 wins in a row and if it has to lose, its probably today, but it can be against USA @ sunday too.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Yes, I think you got to lose one if you want to win. The team has now 11 wins in a row and if it has to lose, its probably today, but it can be against USA @ sunday too.

Yeah, better earlier than later... But I think it will be a close game - if Lehtonen is up to his usual form Canada will have difficulties in scoring even if they can pressure the slow starts of the famous Our Game (registered trademark) and at times shaky defence. And we will certainly have flashes of brilliance in attack on big ice with Cam Ward being not that hot up to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad