Euro: Group F: FRA vs. POR, GER vs. HUN, 6/23/2021

Who advances

• Total voters

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Props to Marco Rossi. Had Hungary well organized and prepared in this tournament despite missing arguably their top player. Would of been quite the story had they progressed.

I believe Portugal faces Belgium in the round of 16? Suprised they would not have pressed late to avoid that.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I know not all of them. German media had a couple of interviews with Hungarian players. And now we should stop before it becomes political. ;)
Yeah for sure. I also don't want to generalize the players. There are good and bad apples on each team I'm sure, regardless on where they are from.

Reactions: Eisen

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The cards in this game have been so ridiculously one sided. Nevermind the last non-call for a penalty.
Shhh, a dutch guy said it was a makeup call.
I wonder what the make up calls are for the 5 or so ridiculous decisions against France in each game so far.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh and Bruno :facepalm:
He was absolutely desastrous the minutes he played (also should have been called for a pen).
Renato only portugese player who did well, as well as Palhinha (who should have been carded though).
For France, bad game by Kounde out of position, Benz with a good game finally, Pogba MOTM for me, Kante very average, defense was OK, and Rabiot had a tremendous half. Coman was very interesting when he came on.
Mbappe awful except on a couple of plays, Lloris not a single save to make. Ronaldo awful but two penalty shots later... he's happy.

Reactions: Peen

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Winnable game the last 20 minutes there, how Rafa wasn't brought on to attack Rabiot at LB is beyond me. Santos just let France have 1st and the extra day rest. Murderers row on this bracket now.

Renato Sanches was balling out there.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Winnable game the last 20 minutes there, how Rafa wasn't brought on to attack Rabiot at LB is beyond me. Santos just let France have 1st and the extra day rest. Murderers row on this bracket now.

Renato Sanches was balling out there.

How Rafa is even in the squad is beyond me.

You can tell the Portugal fans that have no clue when they keep talking about how Rafa should play more.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
You missed Euro 96?
Eilts was some awesome in that tournament. I remember after we won, me and a couple of friends drove to the citycenter where everyone was meetingg and started chanting Dieter Eilts and the whole place, 1000s of fans, sang with us after a couple of seconds.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I hated that Euro 96. Figured we could win it, but ZZ had a car accident before the Euro and we played average football.
Was the first step before WC 98 though.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Eilts was some awesome in that tournament. I remember after we won, me and a couple of friends drove to the citycenter where everyone was meetingg and started chanting Dieter Eilts and the whole place, 1000s of fans, sang with us after a couple of seconds.

Sammer was the teams best player at the tournament. Shame he was so injury prone .

Best player in the world that year .

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I hated that Euro 96. Figured we could win it, but ZZ had a car accident before the Euro and we played average football.
Was the first step before WC 98 though.
I liked that French team. So hard to score against them. And I was a fan of Djorkaeff.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
How Rafa is even in the squad is beyond me.

You can tell the Portugal fans that have no clue when they keep talking about how Rafa should play more.

He’s got pace to burn, decent option off the bench against Rabiot who isn’t even a LB and some tired legs. I don’t rate Rafa as a starter but he would’ve made sense in that scenario.

Anything else to add?

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
Another great nights football.

More than happy with how that group ended up, feared one more German goal would have landed us France.

England v Germany at Wembley is just magic for the tournament. They won’t be scared of anything England have produced so far but this German team is there for the taking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad