GDT: Group F • May 9 • Canada 3, Sweden 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Yes IMO Rundblad didn't play that well in this game. I didn't expect him to shine with it being his first game of the tournament but I really didn't expect all the praise he got.
I mean; he rarely gets praised and when he does it's when he has a bad game? what the..?
Or did I miss something here?

Edit: OK most people seem to say that he had a good game.. I must just have very high expectations of him..

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Based on his performance today do you think that Rundblad gets another sniff at the team moving forward in the tournament?

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
Why is it everytime Sweden loses you always say it is because of the refs? It was a close game and could have gone either way. The refs called it both ways.

I only watched the latter part of this match but the refs took some insane calls against Sweden. Starting with Petraseks "hooking". Perhaps the refs made similar insane calls against Canada during the first half. I couldn't say.

Either way I agree with your assesment. It was a close game.

I know of poor losers but after reading this thread, there are some poor winners. A big middlefinger goes out to all of you who said Sweden threw this game. Sweden played to win. I would agree that at the end of the game, they didn't play with the ferocity (SP?) that you would expect from a medal game.

Russia at 4th place isn't the big bad wolf.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
And anyone who says Sweden did not try to win needs to "get their head out of their ass". Sweden tryed the whole game just as much as Canada did.

Yeah, no. When Canada scored their third goal, Team Sweden took a sigh of relief.
It's nothing that I condone, but it was obvious that they really didn't try.
Canada didn't, neither, really.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
At the very least it was obvious Sweden didn't care about winning once they got that last penalty. I mean they just sat there watching Canada do pretty much nothing with the puck in the last minute.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
I have seen all the players on small ice and can safely say that at least 90% of the players on the team are much better on the smaller surface.

I agree but perhaps for a different reason. The big ice allows for much more decision making time and negates the quickness of certain players.

It's easier for lesser players to play better players on the big ice providing they can skate.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
And anyone who says Sweden did not try to win needs to "get their head out of their ass". Sweden tryed the whole game just as much as Canada did.

Ohhh Canada!!! kudos!

That guy supports AIK so I suppose he's from Stockholm. They are born with their heads inside their ass and it'll stay firmly put.

You're correct Flareknight, Sweden did little at the very end of the match.

I honestly don't think Russia will be that much of a threat. Sure they have some names but it's not as if they ended up 4th by mistake. Canada will take out the Russians.

kyle747

May 10, 2005
Anyone who thinks teams tank at this level is just... Well, misguided would be the polite term.

Just crazy

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Why didn't the Swedish #1 goalie play again? (Sorry if I missed it)

That's just blatant attempt. No doubt the players on the ice tried though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Interesting that Bernier got player of the game. Does that mean anything for the team moving forward?

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
How did Fasth play for Sweden?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw the post below.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
Why didn't the Swedish #1 goalie play again? (Sorry if I missed it)

That's just blatant attempt. No doubt the players on the ice tried though.

MÃ¥rts wanted to rest him since he's had a heavy schedule and played as late as yesterday. I very much wanted Sweden to win this game and that made sense to me.

Had it been a do or die match, Fasth would've played though.

Nordic Pride

Jan 20, 2011
Sweden
IMO this was a typical game with two teams with not much to play for. I dont think the whole Germany/Russia thing had that much of an impact. Except for the last 5 minutes.

And if one team would've went for it like it was the olympic gold medal game and the other wanted to lose it wouldn't ended with a 1 goal win.

However, I wouldn't mind playing the russians in the quarters. First of all I dont think they're a bigger threat than f.e the Czechz. And, to win gold you need to beat the best and gold is all that mathers. I don't care if we end up number 7 or gets some loser medals.

Djurgardsjavel

Oct 29, 2010
Valhalla
Ohhh Canada!!! kudos!

That guy supports AIK so I suppose he's from Stockholm. They are born with their heads inside their ass and it'll stay firmly put.

You're correct Flareknight, Sweden did little at the very end of the match.

I honestly don't think Russia will be that much of a threat. Sure they have some names but it's not as if they ended up 4th by mistake. Canada will take out the Russians.

Uh oh. Have a distinct feeling svartgul won't take kindly to that assumption. :D

Here's a clue as to why:
Internet%20Explorer%20Wallpaper.bmp

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I find it hilarious that some of you are actually suggesting that a team would lose on purpose in a tournament of this nature where you have little room to make mistakes and the teams are put together with the best available in order to win...every game. There's a reason why they're professional athletes and I'd bet my money that it isn't because of a lazy or fearful attitude. Give these players a bit more credit than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad