GDT: Group F • May 9 • Canada 3, Sweden 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Not at all! Have fun with Russia :)

No pressure on Canada at this tournament, win or lose. I am happy and honoured to play Russia. Maybe we win, maybe we lose. The coach for germany will certainly remind his players what the Swedish media was suggesting. Karma likes to bite the a** and has very sharp teeth. :)

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Sweden has got to attack on the penalty kill. Running out of time, can't just sit and wait.

They didn't want to win. Our stars coasted the entire game, and it was a half-assed effort over all. Idiotic refs didn't help though...or in reality they did assuming they didn't want to win, haha...

Oh well, Germany....ok

Davebo*

I wonder if you'll have the same perspective if the russians knock you out though. :)

Of course? :help:

Hard to understand the swedish mentality - at least some of them. It sounds like their TV announcers are of a like mind from what I'm reading. Terrible... :shakehead

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Swedish commentators presenting the QF pairs and commenting after SWE-GER pair:
"Yeah, this is the price we have to pay since we played a little bit sloppy today against Canada."

I had to smile a bit.

Still, let's remember even NOR beat SWE earlier and GER is maybe not just a ragdoll this year,
so I hope SWE takes it seriously, as we have a date with them on Sunday.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Hmm not very proud of Swedens effort the last minutes of this game, they clearly didn't go for it. You should always play to win in my opinion. MÃ¥rts will look like a fool if we lose to Germany.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
The officiating in international tourneys is always heinous.

No, not always, some refs know what they are doing.

No idea about Partanen, but Piechaczek is not really a good ref. The only reason he was chosen for this tournament probably is that he is a "pro"-ref. Pro here having the meaning of having no other job, not being any more professional than the others. ;)

Occasionally he can do quite well, but he is not someone you want to have on the ice when there is at least an average amount of physical play involved.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm

Hard to understand the swedish mentality - at least some of them. It sounds like their TV announcers are of a like mind from what I'm reading. Terrible... :shakehead

Why? We have a young team here, we'd like to go home with a medal at least, why risk getting knocked out in the quarterfinals against an opponent that is clearly much better than Germany, despite the first game of the tournament? Of course winning is everything, but the real tournament is the one beginning now in the final round, this game doesn't really matter if you get to bite a medal at the end. To me, anyway.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister

Swedish announcers - to a man - are depraved reprobates who long ago found that controversy sells. It is tabloid sensationalism with them. I can't stand watching games in Swedish. Don't put too much stock into what they get on about. It'd be like Swedes taking Don Cherry as Canada's spokesperson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad