GDT: Group B - May 4 - USA vs Canada

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I’m sure this has been answered somewhere but can’t find it, is there any way to stream the IIHF games this year??

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Hopefully I finally get to see what DeBrincat can do on on Kanes left wing at the World Cham.........god damnit.

I couldn't agree more. god damnit.

Broke tons of OHL,CHL, Erie Otters records as a junior,
scored 5th most goals in the NHL by u21 players (28),in his rookie season,
his 28 goals was most in this team, Chicago Blackhawks,
broke 2 Hawks rookie records., all that with 14 minutes and chance TOI

The number of personal trophies and accolades he has rightfully so, already won,
he even won the OHL cup, pretty much single handedly (if slight exaggeration is in order).

How much can one young person do to get coaches attention
and get a perennial top 6 spot? - aaaaaaargh! -

For example, how many records did one Connor McDavid break as a junior?
none, zero, a whole around number of nothing, how many Oilers records
has he broken? zero, not even rookie records? yup, not even rookie records.

But i'm sure Brinksy will make a one or two his trade mark cat-tricks in these games :)

Last edited:
Reactions: iiStylesx

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
seriously can't wait to watch Chris Kreider blow right passed Canada's 3rd pair defense.

for real, though, just want an entertaining game

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
When does the game start? in 1H 31 minutes or 2h 31 min
iihf. com theres a countdown clock which says 1H 31 minutes

IIHF - Home 2018 IIHF ICE HOCKEY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

But both (YLE&MTV) of my countries media's say the game starts in 2h 31 minutes,which is it?

I checked it and the game time shown in the OP is correct, the game starts in 2h20.

I also have the correct countdown on iihf.com. Maybe your computer was set in the wrong time zone?

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I checked it and the game time shown in the OP is correct, the game starts in 2h20.

I also have the correct countdown on iihf.com. Maybe your computer was set in the wrong time zone?

tell that to my television, which says coverage starts at 10am EST. it's 8am. game is in 2 hours. lol something is wrong here

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Isn't that what was said about the Oilers?
I'm not sure many were talking about the Oilers depth... given the plumbers they put in the top 6 last season. Doesn't hold a candle to the top 6 on this roster imo. McDavid is spectacular and just like Kane we aren't considering his NHL teams performance last season considering this short international tournament, in Europe, with an entirely different set of players and personnel mate.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

I have same problem as GL. The site shows local CET time with 16.15 for me as default; only in full schedule I get also the EET 17.15 in parentheses. But it's stupid that the clock would take it's cue from somewhere where timezones translation error can mess it up.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
I have same problem as GL. The site shows local CET time with 16.15 for me as default; only in full schedule I get also the EET 17.15 in parentheses. But it's stupid that the clock would take it's cue from somewhere where timezones translation error can mess it up.

I would guess that they messed up with the countdown when they redesigned the site. Whatever the reason, the correct game time is 4.15pm local.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I move my phone's clock one hour back, I get 2 h countdown clock. Dear god, Tissot.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I won't see the game live, but I will probably watch an evening replay on TSN while eating some pizza. I really do expect both groups of defencemen to look quite bad given how much better each team's forwards are than their defensive counterparts and how early this is in the tournament. I will be very surprised if there are fewer than eight goals.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I won't see the game live, but I will probably watch an evening replay on TSN while eating some pizza. I really do expect both groups of defencemen to look quite bad given how much better each team's forwards are than their defensive counterparts and how early this is in the tournament. I will be very surprised if there are fewer than eight goals.

Keith Kinkaid with the shutdown game ;)

Reactions: Riseonfire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad