GDT: Group B - May 17 - Canada (0) vs Finland (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Likely not. Becuase it'll be the same thing every year.

Losing team fans: "This isnt' their best team"

I find it so annoying how this only gets attributed to Canadian fans. Every single teams fans say the exact same thing. Go back and look through old GDT.
Isn't anything but gold a disappointment over there? That's not how it works in Finland, so no it's not the same thing.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
They are losing this game which seems to frustrate some Canadians here.

And yes, like I said, we are well aware of that. If you are posting in this thread you clearly do care though.

I find this thread more entertaining than the actual tournament....International GDT's are the funniest.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Laine is a stud ,the next great finnish winger.In an impressive list from that country :handclap:

Mahonkinen

Sep 18, 2013
The guy's got confidence, no doubt. I think though that when you do stuff like that you can't be TOO mad that a guy like Perry tries to kick your skate out. Obviously he saw what was going on too.

Well the tapping started after all the trash talk to Laine and that di** move by Perry.

IronHalen

Feb 7, 2013
Isn't anything but gold a disappointment over there? That's not how it works in Finland, so no it's not the same thing.

Canadian fans really only care about the Olympics and the WJC.. Other than that its just kinda something to watch.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
It's clear that you can't beat Canada without sacrifices. Hopefully It'll be only Koskiranta..

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario

Gold in this tournament? It's pretty meh.

Gold in the olympics? Now we're speaking the same language.

My point is: WHC = not best on best = excuses for opposing teams fans to say it's not our A team = every fan uses the same excuse (including Finns, maybe not you specifically).

It's a pretty easy walk through logic.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Well the tapping started after all the trash talk to Laine and that di** move by Perry.

I'd have to go back and watch but I'm starting to think that if even McDavid was chirping that Laine probably whacked him first. When does McD ever do that?

EDIT: Someone mentioned that he whacked Marchand earlier in the game, before the Perry incident.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Canadians are so insecure , God help them if their A team won't win the World Cup, they won't have an excuse to fall back to

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I'd have to go back and watch but I'm starting to think that if even McDavid was chirping that Laine probably whacked him first. When does McD ever do that?

Well he's been pretty heat up in this game overall.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Our goalies are Talbot and Pickard.

Our defense is young and inexperienced.

Guys like Mr. Writer who're really into the WHC has been saying for weeks this team is going to be lucky to get out of the QF.

Gold is always the goal when you don't spend any time actually looking at the talent of a team and just see the Maple Leaf.

I think we'll get to the semi-finals, maybe finals. It's all a crapshoot when it's not best on best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad