GDT: Group B - May 17 - Canada (0) vs Finland (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I feel like this was actually a little "non-important" game for both teams. Expected more speed from the beginning. I obviously like our defensive game and counter-attacks, but all-in-all this was just a good and entertaining game to watch. Neither team gave 100% and Talbot was bad. I expect us to meet in the finals. That will be a completely different game.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Kudos to our Finnish friends. Well done, and looking forward to seeing PL with a Jets logo on his chest next year! A LOT.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Canadas tournament is done in the QF.
No need to talk like that. You'll be facing a very underwhelming Sweden. If the Czechs and Russians can rout them, there's no reason to believe Canada can't. Especially since they'll be the team traveling.

Not saying Sweden can't surprise, but Canada is still the massive favorite going into that game.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Lol and McDavid looks a ****ing joke and choke artist.. :laugh: Laine having injury in leg also

Yep, McDavid who went over ppg in the NHL at 18 is a choke artist and joke, but Laine who looks overwhelmed and getting tossed on his ass losing possession to little guys like Ghalleger is a boss. Totes, 100%!

Matthews played better vs Canada than Laine did.

Talbot and Dumba are terrible. Finland deserved it.

Jolli

Mikkkkeeee!!1!!11!!!
Nov 15, 2010
Helsinki
Funny how the game turned around. Had Canada managed to score a goal in the first period, I think the result would be very different.

Laine with a lot of rookie mistakes today, which was totally expected, I guess.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Huge confidence booster to our team, and huge game for our young players, they showed they can play against the best.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Finland deserved the win although I thought Canada was the better team for the most part.

Apart from that scoring part, I guess? And the goaltending part... And how many real good opportunities they had actually? I actually thought that Finland was the better team. Anyway, Canada doesn't have too bad route to the final though - I'm bit afraid of Russia in the semis...

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Leo Komarov (however you spell it) looked great! Really effective game with and without the puck.

Talbot struggled, and then Canada lost all their confidence, not surprising with a young team. Will be interesting to see who they start next game and if they can calm their nerves.

Congrats to the Finns!

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
How's McDavid?
Everybody's talking about him that he's the new Gretzky.
Has he scored a goal yet?

I don't think calling out a guy that scored 48 points in 45 games in his rookie season (and easily the Calder winner if he hadn't gotten hurt) is the right way to go, but good luck going down that route.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
I think this was a momentum game, Canada dominated, didn't score, lost focus then all of a sudden they trailed. New situation, unprepared - oh it's 2.. Then 3-0.
It slipped. This Canada is still a gold medal contender.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
That Tanev--Reilly Pairing is really good.

Perfect combination of offense in Reilly with the stay at home steadiness of Tanev.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Just some scrub Rookie D man who led all defencemen in scoring in 2011–12 in the USHL and was Boston Colleges Captain and a few other scrubby accomplishments.

Clearly garbage though. :sarcasm:

He was also leading the plus/minus stat before this game. Don't know if that is the case anymore. Yeah, plus/minus is not the greatest, but still pretty impressive.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Congrats Finland.

Glad Laine was able to play through.

Go get that gold!

Floyd McJiveson

Nov 27, 2013
Don't worry Finland I still like Your country, the jaloviina, and of course your women. Entertaining game nonetheless. McDavid face washing the dude that had him in a headlock while laughing was the highlight for me.

JustGivingEr

How far we done fell
Aug 17, 2009
Hamsterdam
It's funny how Leaf fans hate Laine but if the Leafs fell to the second pick we'd be hearing about how much better he is than Matthews.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Our goalies are Talbot and Pickard.

Our defense is young and inexperienced.

Guys like Mr. Writer who're really into the WHC has been saying for weeks this team is going to be lucky to get out of the QF.

Gold is always the goal when you don't spend any time actually looking at the talent of a team and just see the Maple Leaf.

I think we'll get to the semi-finals, maybe finals. It's all a crapshoot when it's not best on best.
Funny thing about that though we added someone that is supposed to be experienced (Ellis) and we lost our first game of the tourney.If anything TC needs to just leave well enough alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad