GDT: Group B - May 15 - Finland vs USA

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Pokka late on a defensive assignment and tackles Gibbons into the boards for no real reason.
Not a bad hit or anything, just unlucky how he hit the boards.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I didn't even know that Lindell has played almost 2 full seasons in the NHL. He was pretty underwhelming a couple of years ago, but it looks like he's gone way past Honka.
He is so much past Honka that they shouldn’t be even talked about in the same sentence as players. This is exactly a good example of why I don’t hold great speed skating in such high value as quite many people nowadays do in hockey. Sure it is a great thing if you are an amazing skater, but only if you have great hockey IQ to match it. If the player has only amazing skating but average or even poor hockey IQ, it is even questionable how useful that kind of a player can be.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
He is so much past Honka that they shouldn’t be even talked about in the same sentence as players. This is exactly a good example of why I don’t hold great speed skating in such high value as quite many people nowadays do in hockey. Sure it is a great thing if you are an amazing skater, but only if you have great hockey IQ to match it. If the player has only amazing skating but average or even poor hockey IQ, it is even questionable how useful that kind of a player can be.

Yea amazing skating doesn't matter if you can't do anything with it

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Kreider first roughed up Rantanen and then went back to his roots at trying to injure goaltenders.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Rantanen gets taken down, #21 cross-checked a Finn skating by in the back in the neutral zone. No calls.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
We're so annoying to play against I love it.

The Swedish commentary team said earlier that they hope Finland wins the group so Sweden doesn't have to play Finland cos Finland is disgusting to play against (in a good way)

Reactions: LAINEC and FVM

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Great points. I too think that speed is often a overrated quality, Honka and Kapanen are amazing skaters but definitely lack hockey IQ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad