GDT: Group B • Feb. 13 • Canada vs. Norway • Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanBylsma

Feb 5, 2014
I just hope for Canada's sakes and you guys as fans, that the team does not lose today and collapse. Of course I don't want you guys to win the gold medal and I want the United States to win the gold, but if you manage to lose today and start some sort of collapse and either get a bronze or not qualify, American fans will collectively **** on your hopes and dreams for the next four years. So much **** talking has been going on by Canadians "We can have two teams compete in the Olympics" and having sports writers say this will be a cake walk. I personally don't want to see Canada embarrassed, but good god, please at least win this game. I don't think you are prepared for the black hole that will open if the unthinkable comes to pass lol

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Canada has absolutely no line chemistry going. Hell it doesn't even look like they're trying.

The only line that doesn't have an NHL pair that plays together on it (Tavares, Bergeron, Benn, St. Louis) looked like the best line.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Nic to see Norway putting up a fight. Canada will likely come strong next period and Norge will fall. But Norway was still amazing for the first period. Also, Canada sucked badly.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
The ice time seemed pretty even to me (although the Crosby line seemed to get most of it). No reason to change anything up when those players appear to be clicking.

There's a lot of mixing and matching on Tavares' line. I thought Bergeron-JT were looking like the most dangerous duo early, don't know why it was changed. Benn and St. Louis getting a look too. Considering the Crosby-Kunitz, Toews-Sharp, Getzlaf-Perry combos on the other lines then it makes sense that the 4th line is being experimented with the most in the early going.

crederer

Feb 12, 2007
They also outshot norway something like 14-4 in the scoreless first while dominating the play.

Not so much the case here, as NOrway is outshooting CAN 9-8.

You're right. The difference in shots on goal in the first period is a very big indicator of how things will work out.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
They better start skating in the 2nd period, or this is gonna get really embarrassing.

If you wanna do old school canadian hockey, just go ahead and play the dump and chase smash mouth hockey.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I just hope for Canada's sakes and you guys as fans, that the team does not lose today and collapse. Of course I don't want you guys to win the gold medal and I want the United States to win the gold, but if you manage to lose today and start some sort of collapse and either get a bronze or not qualify, American fans will collectively **** on your hopes and dreams for the next four years. So much **** talking has been going on by Canadians "We can have two teams compete in the Olympics" and having sports writers say this will be a cake walk. I personally don't want to see Canada embarrassed, but good god, please at least win this game. I don't think you are prepared for the black hole that will open if the unthinkable comes to pass lol

correction, we could have the C team win a medal

relax

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Shea Weber is almost Douglas Murray kind of slow. Might not matter much against Norway, but it may be a different story against the big guns.

Keith and Doughty looked good. The rest of the defensemen were rather average.

Carter should just sit. Utterly useless on the first line, not that it should sound surprising to anyone.

Price is playing a calm, confident game.

He wouldn't make team Canada if you picked the best players for the bigger ice surface. Pronger is another great example.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Neither has most of the team. Where's the hate on them?

What are you talking about. The whole team is getting ripped apart. People are raging right now over a scoreless first period. As a Canadian it's actually a bit embarrassing right now. Everybody needs to ****ing calm down. Holy ****!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Canada looked slow. Subban and Duchenne are two dynamic fast skaters and we leave them in the pressbox.:shakehead

They don't look slow at all. What are people watching?

Plenty of great skaters on the team all ready, Duchene or Subban doesn't change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad