GDT: Group B • Dec. 26 • Denmark 3, United States 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
I think the USA wins this easily. It is good to see Anders Schultz make Denmark's team. He is skating with the USHL Cedar Rapids Roughriders this year. He hasn't compiled much for stats, but the kid skates and works hard.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
I think the USA wins this easily. It is good to see Anders Schultz make Denmark's team. He is skating with the USHL Cedar Rapids Roughriders this year. He hasn't compiled much for stats, but the kid skates and works hard.

I don't think it will be easy i think it will be a 6-1 win for Usa.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
in what world is a 6-1 win not easy? it's not a blowout, but unless there's like 4 empty netters it's not that hard

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
the US is going to miss Faulk this tournament. It won't show this game but against the big boys they are going to need his big shot and physical play. Screw the Hurricanes

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
the US is going to miss Faulk this tournament. It won't show this game but against the big boys they are going to need his big shot and physical play. Screw the Hurricanes

I know that he's not nearly at the same level, but from what I understand, Johns plays that same game: physical and has a heavy shot. Won't log the same minutes and be as reliable, but that presence is still on the team at least.

DenGC

Nov 20, 2007
Denmarks lineup for tonights game;

1: Emil Kristensen, Patrick Madsen - Thomas Spelling, Patrick Bjorkstrand, Nicklas Jensen
2: Mark Müller, Anders Thode - Rasmus Bjerrum, Joachim Linnet, Oliver Bjorkstrand
3: Jannik Christensen, Tobias Hansen - Anders Schultz, Nicolai Meyer, Mathias Bau
4: Martin Rahbek - Nicki Kisum, Thomas Søndergaard, Jonas Sass, Mads Eller

A bit surprised that the Head coach Todd Bjorkstrand has decided to split up the line of his two sons Patrick and Oliver Bjorkstrand and Thomas Spelling. As mentioned earlier they play regularly on the same line on their club team (which Bjorkstrand Senior is also the Head coach of). However, Oliver is only 16yoa and it might be a bit to physical for him to play topline minutes against a strong team like the US.

Looks like he is trying to make a clear cut first line with Nicklas Jensen.

3rd defensive pairing looks like the most capable defensive and physical unit.

David McConnor

Unregistered User
Aug 30, 2006
Alert, Nunavut
It might not show tonight against a weaker opponent but at some point in this tourney I think the US is going to regret not taking the two-way force that is Jared Knight. There's no way in hell those 13 forwards are better than him.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
It might not show tonight against a weaker opponent but at some point in this tourney I think the US is going to regret not taking the two-way force that is Jared Knight. There's no way in hell those 13 forwards are better than him.
I think I will trust Dean Blais with his decision. I believe his record speaks for itself.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Hard to question any Blais decisions but his pick of Archibald and not including Jared Knight is weird...that first line should be lights out and the second line with teammates Rau and Bjugstad from the Gophers will be exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad