GDT: Group A - May 10 - Czech Republic vs Russia

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I haven't checked it yet but if we win next three games, we should be ok, at least I hope so? We so far won all, for two points though.
If you win your next 3 you're ok for QFs, I meant in terms of who you'll most likely get to play in the QFs(USA/Canada)

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
Fun game to watch. We were better in the first period, Russians dominated the third. All in all, a pretty tight match and we got lucky in the OT. :)

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
This loss makes a 3rd place finish a likely outcome, assuming a win over Slovakia, which may be an unwarranted assumption. As expected, this makes it very difficult to survive the Quarterfinals.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
So Gusev will play with Dadonov and Datsyuk.

As to the game, we were a better team in the 2nd and much better team in the 3rd, and OT is OT. Still, we need to beat Swiss and Slovakia, and then all will depend on a game vs Sweden.

Agreed, Russia was much better than the Czechs in the 3rd period, and could have won this in regulation. But the Czechs neeeded and wanted the victory more in the end, while the Sbornaja disappointed in the OT for some reason.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Totally disorganized in OT when 3-on-3. Several breakaways allowed to the Czechs, it was just a matter of time.
You do know many players on this team aren't really used to the stupid 3 on 3? Yes, 3 on 3 might be entertaining for kids, but it's stupid and even less hockey and more of a lottery than a shootout, but IIHF had to copy all the bad things from the NHL too. And it was obvious in OT. Other than that all as expected too. I see a huge overreaction about an OT loss here. If you read my posts you know I am NOT a supporter of this NT. I am just trying to be objective.

Reactions: BlitzSnipe

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I like their roster more than some posters, which is why I am disappointed.
US grinded out an OT win against Latvia. They should be disappointed with the roster they brought.

That said, just like before tournament started all that matters remain the QFs. After the QF I will have a real first opinion on this team's performance.

Reactions: BlitzSnipe

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Russia lucky to get a point. Czechs dominated and the Russians were lucky to still be in it when they started to wake up in the 3rd. Props to them for converting on their few chances but they looked otherwise lazy.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Russia lucky to get a point. Czechs dominated and the Russians were lucky to still be in it when they started to wake up in the 3rd. Props to them for converting on their few chances but they looked otherwise lazy.

Russia could've won this game, they had many chances to do that. The game was more or less equal.

Reactions: Yakushev72

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
That is amazingly biased. Czechs never dominated in that game. The score is pretty much telling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad