GDT: Group A • Dec. 30 • Sweden 9, Slovakia 1

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
is Sweden changing goalies so that they can both get some playing time or is it because Gustaffson was bad in the first two games?

what's the word on Forsberg? is he a reliable goalie?

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
is Sweden changing goalies so that they can both get some playing time or is it because Gustaffson was bad in the first two games?

what's the word on Forsberg? is he a reliable goalie?

I'm pretty sure Gustafsson is still number one, but they want Forsberg to get some playtime, and I think they consider Slovakia to be the least deadly team in the group stage offensively. Or rather, if it's one game he's gonna start, it might as well be this one. If he performs well here, and Gustafsson continues to struggle, we might see a change in the order, but for now, Gustafsson is number one.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Our MO should be to take it easy against Sweden, make sure nobody gets hurt so that the next day they are ready to take on Switzerland. It is a pity the schedule works out like this. The only good thing is that Switzerland has the late late game tonight versus Latvia. I don't think that will be a complete breeze for Switzerland, Latvia aren't quite as bad as their 14-0 debacle would demonstrate.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Our MO should be to take it easy against Sweden, make sure nobody gets hurt so that the next day they are ready to take on Switzerland. It is a pity the schedule works out like this. The only good thing is that Switzerland has the late late game tonight versus Latvia. I don't think that will be a complete breeze for Switzerland, Latvia aren't quite as bad as their 14-0 debacle would demonstrate.

I´d add avoiding unnecessary suspension to your first sentence ;) As for the two days in a row thing, well, it´s tough for all teams, we got to play Latvia all fresh while they had played a tough game against Sweden the day before.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Slovakia is always tricky, Had serious problems with them two years ago and they kicked our ***** in the olympics. Time for retaliation :naughty:. Will be a great game.

Harikkerk

Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
Atleast SVT got no commercial break (idk about TV10) then it's up to you idiots to find out when the game starts, they have said that the puck drops 23:30, and it does.

Guess i'll have to find a so called "illegal stream" :/

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
A Sweden loss here could threaten then with elimination. It's doubtful though. Sweded has to much firrepower and Slovakia has very little. The Slovak goalie will have to stand on his head to keep it close. That he will not do. 6-1 Sweden

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Atleast SVT got no commercial break (idk about TV10) then it's up to you idiots to find out when the game starts, they have said that the puck drops 23:30, and it does.

Guess i'll have to find a so called "illegal stream" :/

Get Viaplay, 199SEK per month, you get streams to WJC and WC, NHL, Allsvenskan, and also movies and TV series. The stream quality is really good, especially compared to Csports which cost 449SEK per month.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Payback for the olympics! I'm sorry Slovakia, this could get ugly.

Have some mercy please! What do these poor boys have to do with the Olympics? :D

Seriously, though, we´ve kept the goal difference to around 2 goals against Sweden even with a poor deffense, so it would suck if we got blownout the one time that our D is actually solid.

Last edited:

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Get Viaplay, 199SEK per month, you get streams to WJC and WC, NHL, Allsvenskan, and also movies and TV series. The stream quality is really good, especially compared to Csports which cost 449SEK per month.

Thanks, I forgot that Viaplay shows TV10 lol. I was forgetting that I actually paid for more than the NHL games :laugh:

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Looks like a minor lineup change for SVK. Matej Hindos and Vladimir Dolnik have swapped places.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
Pumped for this now.

Who are the guys to keep an eye on in this Slovakia team? Jurco, Janosik, Tvordon and Marincin? I notice that Dano is young and has decent stats in a mens league.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Pumped for this now.

Who are the guys to keep an eye on in this Slovakia team? Jurco, Janosik, Tvordon and Marincin? I notice that Dano is young and has decent stats in a mens league.

Martin Gernát, an Oilers 5th round pick, his play is often compared to Marinčin´s, plays for the Edmonton Oil Kings in the WHL. Peter čereÅ¡ňák, another D, a 6th round pick of the NYR, plays in the OHL. Daňo only gets to play on the 4th line on this team and has been a non-factor so far in this tournament.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Cheers!

Seems like you guys have a solid defense and a couple of dangerous forwards this year.

Yeah, that about sums it up, you could add a solid goalie, but he´s not playing in this game and the fact that those dangerous forwards have been pretty bad in getting into serious scoring chances yet alone scoring on them. But I´m sure it´s hard for them as they have a better supporting crew back with their teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad