GDT: Group A • Dec. 30 • Sweden 9, Slovakia 1

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I was actually not pleased with Sweden running up the score in a game where SVK was clearly conserving energy and double shifting their fourth line.

That's not really Swedens problem though? If you arent playing your best players you deal with the result.

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
I must admit that Anton Forsberg looked more solid between the pipes than Gustafsson, the latter hasn't really impressed at all so far, so I hope he will get to play some more.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
That's not really Swedens problem though? If you arent playing your best players you deal with the result.

Not to mention having Cajkovsky on the team doesn't help convince players not to run up the score.

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
I like Thorell, undersized for the NHL, but the man plays the game the right way.

SChan*

I must admit that Anton Forsberg looked more solid between the pipes than Gustafsson, the latter hasn't really impressed at all so far, so I hope he will get to play some more.

eh, Anton Forsberg had nothing to do today. Cant evaluate his performance after the slovaks had like 10 shots on goal.

SChan*

Not many shots, but a few quality saves for sure.

still has full faith in Gustafsson. Remeber that markstrom and lehner peaked in groupplay and didnt play their best when it mattered.

Gustafsson doing the opposite would be nice for a change.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
still has full faith in Gustafsson. Remeber that markstrom and lehner peaked in groupplay and didnt play their best when it mattered.

Gustafsson doing the opposite would be nice for a change.

If that was a guarantee it would sounds good. But he did look pretty bad against Switzerland and brutal against Latvia. While I have full respect for both teams.. you should beat them quite handily and not letting in that many goals against either.

hellohello

Oct 11, 2011
If that was a guarantee it would sounds good. But he did look pretty bad against Switzerland and brutal against Latvia. While I have full respect for both teams.. you should beat them quite handily and not letting in that many goals against either.

Both those games were a lot harder for the goalie (Gustafsson) than this game was.

SChan*

to be fair, the defense were brutal in those games. Sweden has 4 more even lines compared to last couple of years, but the D is worse.

mt-svk

CBJ/OTT fan
Jun 6, 2007
Slovakia showed whats happen when the priority are children of reach parents.... no talent, no idea, nothing. I am so sad from it :(

His Beardliness*

None of the goals were his fault so no, he didn't look brutal.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
looks like one team is drugged with benzo or something. what is this?

My favorite part of that video is the "We Will Rock You" playing in between goals, just to make sure they feel like complete crap for losing by 50 goals.:laugh:

I wish I had moved to Bulgaria when i was 15 or so. I could have played on that team and been the superstar.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
My favorite part of that video is the "We Will Rock You" playing in between goals, just to make sure they feel like complete crap for losing by 50 goals.:laugh:

I wish I had moved to Bulgaria when i was 15 or so. I could have played on that team and been the superstar.

82-0, not 50-0.

DSL

Jun 30, 2011
Back on topic:

Really impressed by Thorell and Rakell this game. Thorell could be the best player for Sweden so far in the tournament. Did not expect that going in to the tournament. He's really exceeded all expectations, and that's what you want from the guys in a tournament like this, if only some other players could follow in his footstep this team could be really dangerous.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
None of the goals were his fault so no, he didn't look brutal.

He certainly looked brutal against Latvia. Sure the defense played awful especially on the third(?) goal but it's not like the goals were impossible to save. He needs to step it up either way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad