GDT: Group A • Dec. 30 • Sweden 9, Slovakia 1

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Are the Slovaks a lot worse than the Swiss or is Sweden just playing a lot better than against the Swiss?

I´d say both. The Swiss had the advantage of the goalie standing on his head and they cared about that game much more than the Slovaks do and they are better offensively. We started our back up goalie (the one that led the decisive goal in the decisive game against SUI last year from half the playing field) on purpose, so our starter is well rested for tomorrow´s game against Slovakia. We tried to hang in the game in the 1st period using our biggest strength the deffense, but once it was clear that Sweden would take the game, why bother and get tired before tomorrow´s game? Even the coach started playing the 4t line players more and so on. We´ve entered this game with the thought that even a regulation win of Sweden would not solve anything for us.

But it is also a matter of the Swedes imrpvoing their game continually in this tourney. I´ve seen most of their three games and I´d say this one they have committed the least mistakes on the D, which led to turnovers resulting in goals in the previous games.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
oh man it would mean so much to the offense if forsberg really gets going to now

I think alot of players need to get going offensively.. Karlsson for instance.. but he isnt creating much either atleast forsberg is. It's just a matter of time before a puck goes in from his stick

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
You mean that with Canada? Well, because Kamzik is actually a Canadian Slovak AFAIK, so it would make sense for him to cheer for Canada and therefore not cheer for Sweden. ;)

I was actually not pleased with Sweden running up the score in a game where SVK was clearly conserving energy and double shifting their fourth line.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I was actually not pleased with Sweden running up the score in a game where SVK was clearly conserving energy and double shifting their fourth line.

Sweden rolled 4 lines and 7 D's all game and played extra forward Boyce on the PP in the third.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia

Lol, come on. I think that NA fans are a bit overreacting with this, over here in Europe the fact is that the fans expect their team to run up the score when they play an inferior opponent no matter what the circumstances. Why should they care that Slovakia is resting their players? Had that game been played between for example Slovakia and Japan, people would expect the very same from our team that Sweden did. I doubt many people over here believe that stopping to score when you have established a good lead is classy, actually I´d say most would be pissed with their team for not giving 100% out there. Btw Slovakia- Bulgaria 82-0, remember? ;)

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Lol, come on. I think that NA fans are a bit overreacting with this, over here in Europe the fact is that the fans expect their team to run up the score when they play an inferior opponent no matter what the circumstances. Why should they care that Slovakia is resting their players? Had that game been played between for example Slovakia and Japan, people would expect the very same from our team that Sweden did. I doubt many people over here believe that stopping to score when you have established a good lead is classy, actually I´d say most would be pissed with their team for not giving 100% out there. Btw Slovakia- Bulgaria 82-0, remember? ;)
Whats this bulgaristhing? is it a sandwich hehehehe... I don't remember. Do they skate with the puck also?

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus

"Running up the score"...the next time I hear someone utter that totally illogical and moronic phrase, I'll go on a killing spree.:rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad