GDT: Group A • Dec. 26 • Switzerland 0, Russia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasCsar

Dec 24, 2011
Guys, anyone knows where team Russia is staying in Calgary?

Taking my son to his first international tournament and he really wants to meet the players.

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
Basta aka Noggano is pretty much the only Russian hip-hop guy I can listen to.

Oxxxymiron has been buzzing here, one of the few Russian hip hop acts that rhymes in multisyllabilic fashion.

These two are my favorites.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFdIZFGAaQg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3vkRjqhIAk&feature=related

and his three most popular tracks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLQeqyUSvgs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIcoTQTNU4k&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlralvrG4w0

c9gunner

Dec 24, 2011
Yes, 8-1 is what you said and nobody is that dumb to think you meant any other team.

What I really meant is known only to me. Everything else is your own speculations.

Only countries with hockey being number 1 sport are Canada and Finland.

Ignorance is bliss.

Finland is a different story as the team has potential to reach a medal .

The last time Finland played in the World Juniors final was 10 years ago. What possible pressure can they have against Canada in the round robin?

c9gunner

Dec 24, 2011
I have my pc hooked up to the TV and the quality (once full-screen) is awful

I got the same thing installed for my parents. Whatching hockey or any other sport is just terrible. I guess I'll stick with the FastHockey for now.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I got the same thing installed for my parents. Whatching hockey or any other sport is just terrible. I guess I'll stick with the FastHockey for now.

well no, 2000kb/s is pretty darn good, it's just I am not sure they will switch to sport plus this early in the european morning. Way better than fasthockey...

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
Looking forward to watching this team Russia. Will be especially interesting to watch Grigorenko and Yakupov.

Who is this Apalkov kid who gets to be the no 1 center? Seems to have good MHL stats, but is undrafted?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Looking forward to watching this team Russia. Will be especially interesting to watch Grigorenko and Yakupov.

Who is this Apalkov kid who gets to be the no 1 center? Seems to have good MHL stats, but is undrafted.

offensive juggernaut in the MHL, has signed up with Lokomotive yaroslavl to revive the fallen team, not very flashy, but plays the game right.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
offensive juggernaut in the MHL, has signed up with Lokomotive yaroslavl to revive the fallen team, not very flashy, but plays the game right.

Ok cheers for the info! Anyone else to look out for except for the more obvious ones like Kucherov, Kuznetsov, Khokhlachev and the two wonder kids? I know nothing of the d-men for instance..

Password

Nov 19, 2010
Finland
I'm very excited to see Yakupov and Grigorenko live for the first time. Should be a fun game.

Good luck to both teams!

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Ok cheers for the info! Anyone else to look out for except for the more obvious ones like Kucherov, Kuznetsov, Khokhlachev and the two wonder kids? I know nothing of the d-men for instance..

Gusev is probably the most underrated junior player in the World, on a small side, but his vision is second to none, he finds Kucherov or anyone else anywhere on the ice. Antipin is a solid offensive d-man but prone to defensive dumbness, the duo from the red Army - Ozhiganov and Naumenkov are very physical. Telegin is a very solid two-way forward. Zemchenko and Barbashev made the team on a last wave of cuts, but both have a nose for the net and can chip in with a goal. The weak spot is in goal. I also want to see the D under pressure on small surface - could be a problem as well. Kosov is raw, but very talented big body with a hard shot.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
Gusev is probably the most underrated junior player in the World, on a small side, but his vision is second to none, he finds Kucherov or anyone else anywhere on the ice. Antipin is a solid defensive d-man but prone to defensive dumbness, the duo from the red Army - Ozhiganov and Naumenkov are very physical. Telegin is a very solid two-way forward. Zemchenko and Barbashev made the team on a last wave of cuts, but both have a nose for the net and can chip in with a goal. The weak spot is in goal. I also want to see the D under pressure on small surface - could be a problem as well.

Thanks a lot dude, great info! Seems like you guys have a very good team this year as well. Good luck in the tournament (except for the game on new years day ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad