GDT: Group A • Dec. 26 • Switzerland 0, Russia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The Swiss have a decent team, but it's not good enough to consistently compete with the big teams just yet, hoping for another nice tournament for them though.

This game will probably have a lot of goals, and unfortunately(for me anyway I like Switzerland) most pof them will be for Russia, I predict a Russian win 8-3

jughead42*

The swiss have been brutal in the pre tournament games, i don't think they will be as competitive this year without decent goaltending. Russia is going to light them up good, and I put a little wager on this game to make it interesting. I got Russia at 2.05 times my money to beat the swiss by 4 goals or more, that seems like the easiest money I've ever seen available on a betting website. Russia is going to light these guys up in a big way if Canada and the USA have already done so in pre tournament games.

truefan8993

Dec 20, 2011
For anyone who is wondering I believe NHL.com is streaming this game along with the US games, It might be just for people in the US like TSN with people in Canada. If not try Fast Hockey

Last edited:

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
playing without pressure against teams like Russia or Canada usually results in 1-8 loss

I believe you talk about Finland? Finland has huge pressures, hockey is the #1 sport in Finland mr. wiseguy. Media is all over these kids, what the hell are you talking about?

Switzerland is the most underdog in this tournament.

c9gunner

Dec 24, 2011
I believe you talk about Finland?
Did I mention Finland in my post? Don't think so. All I meant to say was that playing under preassure and playing without pressure is not quite the same.

Finland has huge pressures, hockey is the #1 sport...Media is all over these kids...

Sounds like Canada to me.

I think Latvia is more underdog than Switzerland.

Fulcrum

I believe you talk about Finland? Finland has huge pressures, hockey is the #1 sport in Finland mr. wiseguy. Media is all over these kids, what the hell are you talking about?

Perhaps you're right.. :rolleyes:

We shall see!

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Did I mention Finland in my post? Don't think so. All I meant to say was that playing under preassure and playing without pressure is not quite the same.
Yes, 8-1 is what you said and nobody is that dumb to think you meant any other team. Finland is playing under pressure, Switzerland is not. Nobody expects Swiss team to do miracles and beat teams like Russia however that happened not too long time ago in a quarterfinal. They have really nothing to lose, Finland is a different story as the team has potential to reach a medal even if you think different after tonights game.

Sounds like Canada to me.
Only countries with hockey being number 1 sport are Canada and Finland.

I think Latvia is more underdog than Switzerland.
Okay whatever.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Fast Hockey is the way to go. I'm in Canada and I'm able to watch Latvia-Sweden game so I guess i won't have any issues with Switzerland - Russia.

I have my pc hooked up to the TV and the quality (once full-screen) is awful, I pay for russian tv through internet, but they don't have sport plus on that network, yet often they put it on, but not sure if they will do it that late (the company is germany based)

Helpoing

21st c schizoid man
Jun 28, 2011
Riga
NTV+ broadcasts the games in HD. I heard Krabu was commenting the CAN-FIN one, but I hope Rozanov shows up as well.

Fulcrum

I have my pc hooked up to the TV and the quality (once full-screen) is awful, I pay for russian tv through internet, but they don't have sport plus on that network, yet often they put it on, but not sure if they will do it that late (the company is germany based)

I think I'll go with TSN on this game. Internet quality at it's best, even sopcast, is far from HD. I'll see what the TSN experts have to say about the Russian AHL league that is MHL... :laugh:

Fulcrum

NTV+ broadcasts the games in HD. I heard Krabu was commenting the CAN-FIN one, but I hope Rozanov shows up as well.

I like those two- good duo.

As long as it's not Mayorov, he's just uhh.. uhh.. uh... awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad