GDT: Group A • Dec. 26 • Switzerland 0, Russia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulcrum

Impeccable finish to the Russians game. However, too cute, and they're giving up some good chances. They are lucky Switzerland has literally 0 finish. The chances were about even in the second period as I saw it.

That swiss forward missing the net on a breakaway. Gtfo. :laugh:

That 'too cute' is misunderstood- it's the Russian style, no **** shots.
"Don't shot if someone is in better position than you"

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Gusev is known for this type of curls, which are cool on big ice, but lethal for his own team on small ice, my bet Bragin talks to him and he won't do it again.

Fulcrum

Gusev is known for this type of curls, which are cool on big ice, but lethal for his own team on small ice, my bet Bragin talks to him and he won't do it again.

I don't mind if he does it to beat the last defender by their net- But not by the Blue line. Too deadly

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
6'3" 200lbs is what I believe you meant.:D

That's quite remarkable. I wonder if the "Russian factor" could affect goalies less. He's as impressive as any draft eligible goalie as I've seen since Campbell.

I don't think I'm going to want to miss any of Russia's games this year :)

Helpoing

21st c schizoid man
Jun 28, 2011
Riga
"The fact that Swiss have zero goals is because zero has a name - Vasilevsky." :yo:

This is interesting. When was the last time Latvia hosted a tournament like this? Oh yeah, that's right...never.

Makes it easy to escape criticism when you don't actually have to do anything I guess.
I don't want to go into much detail, but yeah he's Russian and he's went to the WJC since late 90-s and I think he knows what he's talking about. Both of the TVs in his room weren't working, there was no telephone either and the technician acted as if it was supposed to be that way. Rozanov was laughing about it, but said that both Swiss and Swedish crews were literally mad.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
That's quite remarkable. I wonder if the "Russian factor" could affect goalies less. He's as impressive as any draft eligible goalie as I've seen since Campbell.

I don't think I'm going to want to miss any of Russia's games this year :)

he is never coming over, believe me ;)

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
"The fact that Swiss have zero goals is because zero has a name - Vasilevsky." :yo:

I don't want to go into much detail, but yeah he's Russian and he's went to the WJC since late 90-s and I think he knows what he's talking about. Both of the TVs in his room weren't working, there was no telephone either and the technician acted as if it was supposed to be that way. Rozanov was laughing about it, but said that both Swiss and Swedish crews were literally mad.

it's nothing new for our guys to work in these conditions, but Swiss and Swe - oh boy)))

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
That 'too cute' is misunderstood- it's the Russian style, no **** shots.
"Don't shot if someone is in better position than you"

It's probably also the reason for the "impeccable finish" to the Russian game. However, being a fan of the NHL, the Russian style has prompted me, and many other people I know to scream at the T.V. "****ING SHOOT IT!!!!" :laugh:

I hope we get to see a Canada v Russia game this year.

c9gunner

Dec 24, 2011
Not really sure what you mean.

I was being sarcastic. The old saying about Russian D is that Russian D-men are just the players who couldn't make it to become the forwards. And yes - any D-man has better chances to score a goal than their goalie. As far as they don't try to score their own net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad