GDT: Group A • Dec. 31 • Canada vs. USA • Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
If they play again it will be a 50/50 game just like this one essentially was. I still have zero confidence in the canadian goaltending, always coughing up soft goals at bad times.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Definitely, but every bounce went Canada's way in this game. DeAngelo and the 3 on 1 were perfect examples of the bounces, 9 out of 10 times Bowey would have never touched the puck on that bounce. 9 out of 10 times a player as talented as DeAngelo keeps the puck in that situation.

We smoked you tonight. Just man up and admit it.

Definitely should have had Lazar's goal, but a lot of Canadian's shots were low percentage non screen shots from outside the slot.

What a load of crap. Without him you lose by 4 or more.

So Russia USA Sweden and Finland are all going to be on one side of the bracket. Canada plays Denmark and then the winner of the Czech Republic and Slovakia quarterfinal. Talk about having a bye straight to the finals lol

That's a shame. :sarcasm:

Does TSN have the games on demand on their website this year? I can only find the highlights of previous games.

I'd like to watch this game tomorrow.

Feel free to watch it but I'm not sure you will like what you see. :sarcasm:

Not once did I ever sense Canada was going to lose this game. Ha!

Agree.

Indeed. The difference was 2 empty-netters. Total dominance!

LOL. Always some Americans who cannot man up and admit they were beaten... badly.

Two empty netters = DOMINANCE.

Juxtaposer just being Juztaposer and you know it. Don't be disingenuous. ;)

Gotta laugh when you try to make the game closer than it actually was. Canada outplayed the usa by a good amount.

Amen, brother. 2014 Olympics Semi-Finals all over again.

From the half way mark of the 1st period until the final 3 minutes of the game, Canada dominated 5 on 5. It wasn't close. On paper, the best U.S. teams since 2007 and it got smoked by the best Canada had to offer.

The U.S. could still win Gold and if they do, I will be strong enough to give credit where credit is due. Most American posters have done the same in this thread but there is always a few...

Last edited by a moderator:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Neither did I. This is probably the most talented Canadian squad we've had in 5 years, and this is probably the weakest American team in 10 years. The score flattered the Americans. They'll be out in the quarters, no doubt.

Weakest american team in 10 years? Get real.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Neither did I. This is probably the most talented Canadian squad we've had in 5 years, and this is probably the weakest American team in 10 years. The score flattered the Americans. They'll be out in the quarters, no doubt.
Is this a serious post? USA has lots of good players and a real good goalie. They can beat any team in this tourney in a 1 game winner take all.

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
I agree that the Canadian team is a super lineup.The American squad is close imo and Silver would be respectable considering this.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Gotta laugh when you try to make the game closer than it actually was. Canada outplayed the usa by a good amount.

The first period was even. Canada took the game to the US from the 2nd on. Outshot the heck out of them and had the better chances.

Canada was clearly the better team on this night.

Larkin made it look better for you guys late.

I wouldn't say dominant but I'd say Canada controlled the game.

Last time I checked, Demko was part of the team. Canada played better but DOMINANCE is ridiculous

So not true. What a dumb description of a player.

He was a total pissbaby. Remember him hanging on to one of the US players so he couldn't clear the zone? He was obviously frustrated he was playing badly.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Lack of talent on the U.S. team??? All I ever hear is how if Matthews was 2 days older, the Americans would make up 4 of the top 5 draft picks in this year's draft. I also hear how Eichel, Hanifin and Matthews are all Generational Talents. Lack of talent? On paper, this may be their best team since 2007 - and they just got spanked by a team missing their top 4 players to the NHL.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Last time I checked, Demko was part of the team. Canada played better but DOMINANCE is ridiculous.

We dominated the 2nd half of the first, the entire 2nd 5 on 5 and the first 17 minutes of the 3rds. As I said, 2014 Olympic Semi Finals all over again - both in terms of hockey and excuses.

I hope to hell, we make this a Canadians worst nightmare.

There, there... I know you do.

ZeroPT*

Can we please just appreciate a fantastic hockey game and not insult each other? I swear you all sound like 3 year olds

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If "dominated" makes you feel better, go for it. Remember when Canada was basically even in SOG with Germany after two periods?

Evil Doctor

Cryin' Hank crying
Apr 29, 2009
Cambridge, ON
Is this a serious post? USA has lots of good players and a real good goalie. They can beat any team in this tourney in a 1 game winner take all.

Are you guys seriously thinking this is a good American team? Please, in this game I saw the Americans have a three on one and they bunched up like freakin' 5 year olds chasing a puck making it easy for the Canadian to break it up. Demko is so over-rated. He gives up a ton of rebounds and flops around in a desperate hope that the puck will hit him. Comrie is so much better. He's positionally stronger and gives up far fewer rebounds. Oh and I almost forgot, the American power-play, one of the worst in the tournament!

Remember that American team we smoked 7-4 back in '09? Head and shoulders more talented than this American squad, even in the losing effort you could see their talent levels which proved itself when those guys won gold in '10. This American squad is weak from top to bottom. I guarantee they won't be playing for a medal this year.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

If "dominated" makes you feel better, go for it. Remember when Canada was basically even in SOG with Germany after two periods?

Fair enough.

Anyway, we are gloating now because we can. If the U.S. wins Gold, you will have the last laugh. To your credit, you are here. So many of the biggest U.S. Posters/braggarts have run for cover.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

This American squad is weak from top to bottom. I guarantee they won't be playing for a medal this year.

I don't know, E.D. I think you are wrong on this one, my friend.

Edit : I HOPE you are right. I would love to see them lose to Russia and for this draft class to bomb.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Canada deserved the win. Superior depth, more zone time, just the better team. Today.

They weren't dominant. Your crowing is unwarranted. Expected, but unwarranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad