Post-Game Talk: Grounded

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I didn't really have a problem with what was called against the Rangers. 5 of the 6 were legitimate penalties.

I had a massive issue with what Philly was allowed to get away with. Theres no way this was a game where the PP's should have been 6-2.
The penalties are usually legit. There are infractions on both sides on virtually every play. It’s what the refs *choose* to call that constitutes Game Management. The league is an out-and-out farce. The rangers won this one permanently on the penalty kill. And there was even one play where a ranger scooted past the Philadelphia defenseman only to run into a referee right behind the defenseman. Who wants to watch this soulless manufactured bull shit?

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
They played the whole game today with an extra skater and still f***ing sucked. I like torts but that team stinks like a pile of garbage during a sanitation strike in mid August.
Mostly because they're supposed to stink. Tort is giving them wins they shouldn't have.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Missed the game, are we awesome again this week?

Mostly because they're supposed to stink. Tort is giving them wins they shouldn't have.
With all the highly touted prospects from the last 5 years they arent supposed to suck, their young d prospects were the evy of the league at one point.

Reactions: egelband

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Let's not do that. There is less than nothing wrong with the PP. At least one was abbreviated, one was at the end of the game where we drained clock, one Panarin forced 3 plays in a row (are you taking him out for Laf?).

Let me hear, what is your alignment with Laf?

5 degree upsweep, 9 degree backsweep, 35mm rise....
I'm not a PP coach and I have NFI what the 'optimal' alignment is; I' was always partial to the 'flying V' formation from The Mighty Ducks so give that a crack? But like I said, IMO it hasn't looked great lately, Laf has earned some more ice-time and a Foxless PP is the perfect time to try some new things

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Missed the game, are we awesome again this week?

With all the highly touted prospects from the last 5 years they arent supposed to suck, their young d prospects were the evy of the league at one point.
Yeah. They sold off for the past couple years but I think they’re trying to build now. Obviously not doing a good job at it when Hathaway is their most effective player.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Schneider was really good in this one….was really good defensively and was able to move the puck much better than he has been
I was amazed with his speed carrying the puck on a couple occasions. I love to see him take an occasional, calculated risk like that. Game like today’s probably as good a time as any to work on things. Build that confidence.

Reactions: bhamill and Mandar

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
5 degree upsweep, 9 degree backsweep, 35mm rise....
I'm not a PP coach and I have NFI what the 'optimal' alignment is; I' was always partial to the 'flying V' formation from The Mighty Ducks so give that a crack? But like I said, IMO it hasn't looked great lately, Laf has earned some more ice-time and a Foxless PP is the perfect time to try some new things
Well I’m a half court offense savant. We have an elite PP that is the envy of most of the league. Part of that is the hiveminded brain that the unit possesses. Let’s keep it as is.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I don’t even mind the way Philadelphia played. They weren’t really doing dangerous things. I think the whole ‘let’s make fights to change the momentum’ premise is dumb, cynical, and usually doesn’t work. But it’s their prerogative as long as they keep it clean.
The refs though, that’s a different story. Even a bowl of peanuts knows what Philadelphia was doing and the officials egg it on by rewarding it. Shithole league.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Bettman and the rest of the owners couldn’t care less about the product. They sit back and collect their payments while the product management is delegated to the lowest bidders and overseen by beancounters and risk managers. Not a single one of the decision makers loves the sport or the league. I’m convinced of it.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Bettman and the rest of the owners couldn’t care less about the product. They sit back and collect their payments while the product management is delegated to the lowest bidders and overseen by beancounters and risk managers. Not a single one of the decision makers loves the sport or the league. I’m convinced of it.
You sound like you should stop watching. The NHL has been pretty much the same for decades. In the 70s road teams couldn't win and never mind when it was Hockey Night in Canada. Now, yeah the refs can't keep up and sometimes seem to randomly call shit. We've got a good record. I'm happy.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
This is what amazes me about the NFL/NHL. There’s basically a penalty every play and nobody seems to acknowledge how insane it is that a couple refs are supposed to police of all this shit in a way that isn’t disorganized and seemingly arbitrary
They need to call the infractions that are dangerous/injurious and the ones that either cause or eliminate a scoring chance. That’s how I’d frame it. The rest can basically be let go unless they’re super egregious.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I find it kinda unfathomable how good the team has been, despite our top center being rubbish, Kakko being rubbish, Fox missing half of the games thus far, Igor not being great...

A decent coach can do a lot. Win after a win. Even if we falter after this, we are in a good spot to make the playoffs. That's how important a good start is.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
This is what amazes me about the NFL/NHL. There’s basically a penalty every play and nobody seems to acknowledge how insane it is that a couple refs are supposed to police of all this shit in a way that isn’t disorganized and seemingly arbitrary
Isn’t that basically how the Seattle Seahawks defense was so successful in their hay day?
“Then can’t call us for interference in every play so we’ll just do it constantly and get away with it most of the time” because they knew refs managed the games

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I find it kinda unfathomable how good the team has been, despite our top center being rubbish, Kakko being rubbish, Fox missing half of the games thus far, Igor not being great...

A decent coach can do a lot. Win after a win. Even if we falter after this, we are in a good spot to make the playoffs. That's how important a good start is.
points are points whether it’s a win by 1 or by 5. but more importantly I think much of our play is sustainable. if anything, it could get better with improvement from the top line, fox’s return, chytil’s return, and igor’s returning to form a bit more. I don’t think our PP is sustainable, but I think our PK is. overall we have a really good team, and the nice points cushion is a big help for when we inevitably go through a rough patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad