Post-Game Talk: Grounded

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
points are points whether it’s a win by 1 or by 5. but more importantly I think much of our play is sustainable. if anything, it could get better with improvement from the top line, fox’s return, chytil’s return, and igor’s returning to form a bit more. I don’t think our PP is sustainable, but I think our PK is. overall we have a really good team, and the nice points cushion is a big help for when we inevitably go through a rough patch.
Absolutely agree the difference between other hot streaks the past couple years and this year is it appears sustainable. The way they’re usually making the neutral zone a meat grinder. If they can just keep learning and improving the defensive part - and it has only been a few months with Lavi, no reason they can’t - I think they’re really gonna make some hay. Another thing, these guys - the core 13, 14 guys - have now been together three or four years. Suddenly we’ve got a stable and talented group pulling in the same direction. Exciting stuff.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Just finished the game

IMG_20191127_225602.jpg

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
it’s not that the penalties called against us weren’t penalties, it’s that philly did many things that were worthy of penalties that weren’t called. most of the time that’s the issue, and it’s frequently due to game management due to the score, rarely officials just miss it. that’s what makes it frustrating. and the league is less likely to give us penalties when we’re ahead when our pp is as good as it is.

Reactions: egelband

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Speaking of penalties, the only thing I don’t like about Laviolette’s coaching so far is that he loses his cool and starts mouthing off to the refs too early. Galant wasn’t a great coach by any means but he only fumed on the inside while just giving stares on the first couple decisions he didn’t like and IMO it helped him more later on as a game would unfold. Laviolette should learn to do the same and back-off refs early on especially on the road.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
it’s not that the penalties called against us weren’t penalties, it’s that philly did many things that were worthy of penalties that weren’t called. most of the time that’s the issue, and it’s frequently due to game management due to the score, rarely officials just miss it. that’s what makes it frustrating. and the league is less likely to give us penalties when we’re ahead when our pp is as good as it is.
Absolutely. We get the instigator and they do the same thing with no call earlier. Later we have a solid hit and then Deslauriers tries to fight, cross checks our guy, and nothing is called. They held guys. It was a joke. Call it evenly, or swallow the whistle on our stuff.

Reactions: egelband

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Nice to see Cuylee involved . Show up and let them know it will be answered. That is how a club should react and hopefully we see it today against the Bruins who always like to run us a bit in the past .

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
What makes this start more preposterous/amazing and unbelievable is that they have this near league leading record with (after today) 13 road and only 6 HOME games. Boston however, is 9 & 10. This team is so solid and solidifying even more with Foxy and Filip OUT no less. Told you all no worries. Injuries aren't the END of the season. New beginnings.

Mika, Blake and Ryan for me. Will always vote for that warrior and Troubs has been amazing himself. Hell the whole team has been outstanding especially defensively.
Never seen a team stand up so many players while the support is there to steal the puck. Awesome!

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Are you just basing it on the SA? Given the number of PKs and Flyers pushing it the whole game after going down 0:2 early on, in this context D played really well. Not too many high danger chances for Shesterkin to deal with.
They just looked disjointed to me.

Especially in front of our net & moving the puck.

Again, I am NOT complaining... one goal (& it went in off Bonino I think) is nothing to be upset about. Honestly there were way more high danger chances than that goal.

Reactions: kovazub94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad