NFL: Gronkowski gets 1 game suspension

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i'm shocked he was even suspended but one game is still laughable

with how prevalent the concussion issue is in the NFL today, he should have gotten 3 games at least

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
He's actually appealing it? Oh that is rich.

If he was nearly as remorseful as he appeared to be yesterday, he'd accept this as a reasonable reprimand from a league trying to cut down on headhunting and unnecessary injuries.

The fact that he's crying about this speaks volumes about how little he truly cared about his actions.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If the league had any marbles whatsoever they'd respond to the appeal by giving him an additional game.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
If the league had any marbles whatsoever they'd respond to the appeal by giving him an additional game.

If the league had any marbles they'd start calling the pass interference more on the defenders that cover him. The incident never would have happened if the refs didn't ignore the clutching and grabbing by the defenders all game or the ones on that particular play that led to the interception.

This is the equivalent of your star player getting run at and cross checked all game before he loses his cool and swings his stick at someone's head.

That being said the retaliation was dumb and deserving of a suspension.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
This thread is pure comedy.

Please keep them coming.

Waiting for someone to say the Patriots should forfeit their win yesterday :laugh:

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
This thread is pure comedy.

Please keep them coming.

Waiting for someone to say the Patriots should forfeit their win yesterday :laugh:

Yes bc being a punk bitch and jumping on someone's head with intent to injure after the play is over is something the league should ignore.

The game suspension should be upheld.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
If the league had any marbles they'd start calling the pass interference more on the defenders that cover him. The incident never would have happened if the refs didn't ignore the clutching and grabbing by the defenders all game or the ones on that particular play that led to the interception.

This is the equivalent of your star player getting run at and cross checked all game before he loses his cool and swings his stick at someone's head.

That being said the retaliation was dumb and deserving of a suspension.

f*** is this nonsense...if you want to play the McSorely game, he deserves way more than that. What happened prior to Gronk going full WWE is completely irrelevant. Gronk can be frustrated all he wants -- he still went outside the rules of the game (written or otherwise) and caused White to have literal brain damage. If he broke his neck, would you have said this same crap?

I like Gronk and think this was out of character for him and I also think 1 game is light though nothing worth getting that up in arms about. But Patriots fans are yet again embarrassing themselves when it comes to their team. Every time. Like clockwork.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I think we can all agree that it's impolite to cough on others, right? Surely, we can all agree on that. Now, can we also agree that the appropriate response to someone coughing on another person isn't to brutally stab them?

Okay, more penalties should've been called. Okay. That's nice. Gronk vastly escalated it by an utterly dirty assault that could've lead to significant or even permanent damage to another player. It's ridiculous that that was only a one-game suspension, should've been more.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I think we can all agree that it's impolite to cough on others, right? Surely, we can all agree on that. Now, can we also agree that the appropriate response to someone coughing on another person isn't to brutally stab them?

Okay, more penalties should've been called. Okay. That's nice. Gronk vastly escalated it by an utterly dirty assault that could've lead to significant or even permanent damage to another player. It's ridiculous that that was only a one-game suspension, should've been more.

This is what I'm talking about. Comparing what Gronk did to stabbing someone, but not just stabbing, "brutally" stabbing someone. (is there any other kind of stabbing thats not brutal?) Thanks for the chuckle

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
**** is this nonsense...if you want to play the McSorely game, he deserves way more than that. What happened prior to Gronk going full WWE is completely irrelevant. Gronk can be frustrated all he wants -- he still went outside the rules of the game (written or otherwise) and caused White to have literal brain damage. If he broke his neck, would you have said this same crap?

I like Gronk and think this was out of character for him and I also think 1 game is light though nothing worth getting that up in arms about. But Patriots fans are yet again embarrassing themselves when it comes to their team. Every time. Like clockwork.

I said he was lucky to only get one and that he deserves his suspension. Please don't make broad generalizations about Patriots fans.

Last edited:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
He said he was lucky to only get one and that he deserves his suspension. Please don't make broad generalizations about Patriots fans.

Who said that, Gronk? Certainly not the guy I was responding to. You're the only one that said anything like that. You're also one of the few level-headed Patriot fans around here. I didn't make a broad generalization about the fanbase -- I said certain people are embarrassing themselves. And they are.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Who said that, Gronk? Certainly not the guy I was responding to. You're the only one that said anything like that. You're also one of the few level-headed Patriot fans around here. I didn't make a broad generalization about the fanbase -- I said certain people are embarrassing themselves. And they are.

Typo, I meant I said that.

Fans are fans though, most are delusional.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
His contract is incentive laden; as messed up as it is he's probably worried about the game holding him back from number targets.

A game is fair; anyone calling for more with how the league handles this on field stuff is thinking wishfully. If they actually care about head injuries, you'd see a longer suspension, and they'd actually try to clean up the game.

Gronk's a star, the NFL wants him available vs Pittsburgh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad