NFL: Gronkowski gets 1 game suspension

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
This is what I'm talking about. Comparing what Gronk did to stabbing someone, but not just stabbing, "brutally" stabbing someone. (is there any other kind of stabbing thats not brutal?) Thanks for the chuckle

You've never heard of metaphors before? Okay, let me simplify it.

Person A does a bad thing, person B does a horrific thing in response. Person B is not justified because of what person A did first.

Following? Coughing on someone is a bad thing, stabbing someone is a horrific thing. Passing interference is a bad thing, jumping on a down player's neck is a horrific thing. I wasn't comparing what Gronk did to stabbing someone, I was highlighting the ridiculousness of people saying that the assault was remotely appropriate as a result of uncalled PI.

Last edited:

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
Yeah, I don't understand the defense here. It was a dangerous, dirty, unjustified cheap shot. He absolutely should sit a game, that's a no brainer. Two games would have been fair.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
White could have easily ended up like Shazier. He's lucky to only have a concussion as bad as that sounds. Gronk crying about flags in the wake of it was gutless.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
You've never heard of metaphors before? Okay, let me simplify it.

Person A does a bad thing, person B does a horrific thing in response. Person B is not justified because of what person A did first.

Following? Coughing on someone is a bad thing, stabbing someone is a horrific thing. Passing interference is a bad thing, jumping on a down player's neck is a horrific thing. I wasn't comparing what Gronk did to stabbing someone, I was highlighting the ridiculousness of people saying that the assault was remotely appropriate as a result of uncalled PI.

You are definitely confused on what a metaphor is. At the core of it, it's comparing two things

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Keep blaming others for misreading a point. I expressly stated that a bad thing does not excuse a horrific response on a subject in which some Pats fans were trying to blame bad officiating and not getting Gronk calls as an excuse for an assault.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
You are definitely confused on what a metaphor is. At the core of it, it's comparing two things

He was comparing the escalation from mundane to extreme in both situations, not Gronk's cheapshot to murder.

dbs get away with crap every game at every level. For Gronk to intentionally try and hurt a guy because of it is gutless.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The big thing for me is, it really looks like Gronk targets the head and neck. He needs to feel lucky he only got one game for that.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
The big thing for me is, it really looks like Gronk targets the head and neck. He needs to feel lucky he only got one game for that.

He also basically took several stutter steps to line the guy up and land on him. It was a damn WWE move, probably a shoutout to his buddy Mojo Rawley.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
So let me get this straight,you can go after a player who is down and out of bounds and give him the biggest headhunting move your capable of and sit 1 game.
Like The Pitt / Cincy players , you can basically headhunt players and expect only 1 game.That should deter players from ever wanting to injure another player.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Just to be clear, your reaction would be identical if someone jumped on the back of a downed Tom Brady's head, right?

Obviously I would be mad. I've never said Buffalo didn't have the right to be mad either. I've said Gronk deserved a game for what he did. All I'm defending against is the people who are saying Gronk deserves 4 games.

My last post was really mocking White's comments from the other day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad