NBA Grizzlies suspend Ja Morant... again

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
IMG-9126.jpg

Yup and from what I understand he dint even really grow up in the projects or slums. So its not as if he grew up around gangsters/guns 24/7 or has siblings involved in that stuff. Had a fairly safe and normal upbringing. Which makes all this 10x worse.

Naw he didn’t but he got friends that whom are in that life and he wanted to play gangsta. Also, his dad really needs to step in, yeah your son is a celebrity basketball athlete but you can’t be hyping him up like he’s from the streets.

You guys grew up very middle class and had a good life, why bring yourselves down to that ghetto life?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Might not be the worst thing for the Grizzlies if he's suspended for the whole year. Less distraction.

But, it's Adam Silver and I expect Ja will get a punishment that's maybe a little worse than a slap on the wrist.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
He'll get a fine equivalent to ~0% of his net worth and get a few games. Nothing will change, dude is a collasal f***ing moron.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Ja's a dead man walking if Silver is working with the PA. I have no inside information but going off of what we do know i'm going to speculate the league found one of two things;

1) The speculation that Ja had to have brought the gun on the Grizzlies team plane when busted with the weapon in a Denver strip club was correct.

2) The incident in January where the Pacers alleged someone from Morant's entourage pointed a gun with a laser at the team bus turned out to be Ja doing the pointing.

I think if #1 he gets a hefty 50-60 game suspension similar to when Gilbert Arenas was caught storing guns in the Wizards locker room. Maybe more because Morant has already kinda made a fool of Silver. If it's #2? That's a level of stupidity that cannot be tolerated. Indefinite suspension until he absolutely proves he cleans up his act for real. I don't think banishment would be out of the question given that's legitimate endangerment but seriously doubt the NBA goes that far.

I don't get it. Just like two years ago Ja was seen as a clean cut young kid that everyone loved. IIRC he did a photoshoot with his daughter just after winning ROTY. Why go this far to prove you're hard when no one gives a shit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad