Rumor: Gretzky to join the team in official role

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
Peter overrides every decision

Cite required.

As for Gretzky and the OBC, it's not hard to see why people would be sick and tired of them trotting out the relics of a past that is simply not relevant for a large chunk of the fan base. Spend less time on trotting out old players, self-aggrandizing ceremonies and creepy-ass mascots and more time focusing on winning.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Cite required.

As for Gretzky and the OBC, it's not hard to see why people would be sick and tired of them trotting out the relics of a past that is simply not relevant for a large chunk of the fan base. Spend less time on trotting out old players, self-aggrandizing ceremonies and creepy-ass mascots and more time focusing on winning.

....to be fair the ceremonies and mascots are planned outside of the team who is building the team.

I really don't think Chiarelli and McLellan are skipping out on trying to make this team better and win games to plan these stupid PR moves

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Cite required.

As for Gretzky and the OBC, it's not hard to see why people would be sick and tired of them trotting out the relics of a past that is simply not relevant for a large chunk of the fan base. Spend less time on trotting out old players, self-aggrandizing ceremonies and creepy-ass mascots and more time focusing on winning.[/QUOTEY Can't reason with people like you. You are too negative and have no respect for the history of this team. Yea i see the large chunk of the fan base that get drunk at games and know nothing about hockey and just shout out negative comments lol I am sure most of the Oilers would disagree with you about not wanting Gretzky around lol

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
cite required.

as for gretzky and the obc, it's not hard to see why people would be sick and tired of them trotting out the relics of a past that is simply not relevant for a large chunk of the fan base. Spend less time on trotting out old players, self-aggrandizing ceremonies and creepy-ass mascots and more time focusing on winning.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
He still had something to do with it. Must be a sad life that you see only negative inin this lol

I didn't say he didn't have any part in it, nor is it even any kind of negative outlook on it, I was just disputing the idea that he personally did something remarkable in 2002.

We're talking about a nation could fill out and send two teams of NHL all-stars in any given Olympic year, both of which would be overwhelming favorites to win gold. It's arguably the cushiest honorary hockey posting in the business really, albeit one that can get you iced out for a decade if you do manage to screw it up(as Gretz found out for himself in 2006).

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
....to be fair the ceremonies and mascots are planned outside of the team who is building the team.

I really don't think Chiarelli and McLellan are skipping out on trying to make this team better and win games to plan these stupid PR moves

no time for fun if the team isn't winning...let's skip opening night all together!

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
Can't reason with people like you. You are too negative and have no respect for the history of this team. Yea i see the large chunk of the fan base that get drunk at games and know nothing about hockey and just shout out negative comments lol I am sure most of the Oilers would disagree with you about not wanting Gretzky around lol

The Oilers are the franchise equivalent of the middle-aged ex-jock who won't shut up about his high school glory days because his life since has been such a complete disappointment.

Markous

LETS GO OILERS!
Sep 17, 2010
Bonnie Doom
Good 'shop here, LOL

CumH85fVMAAHDc7.jpg:large

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Chiarelli made the Reinhart trade. He probably got horrible info from Green and Lowe/MacTavish.

The TSN article about the Gretzky hire says he will have input but Chiarelli has final say. Can we stop with the theatrics now?

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
The Oilers are the franchise equivalent of the middle-aged ex-jock who won't shut up about his high school glory days because his life since has been such a complete disappointment.
You have issues lol good luck with that lol

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
You have issues lol good luck with that lol

Why do you have to attack people with every post?

Chiarelli made the Reinhart trade. He probably got horrible info from Green and Lowe/MacTavish.

The TSN article about the Gretzky hire says he will have input but Chiarelli has final say. Can we stop with the theatrics now?

You just made the case for why another member of the OBC is not a good idea.

What in Gretzky's management career makes people thing he would provide good info?

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
You just made the case for why another member of the OBC is not a good idea.

What in Gretzky's management career makes people thing he would provide good info?

Because he played for the Oilers in the 80s. He's nearly as knowledgeable about building a winning team as Lowe is, just one or two rings short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad