Greiss: Pens arena ‘pretty dead’

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
to be fair, that game looked to be legitimately over. Not "we can't come back so screw it" over, but "the teams are off the ice" over. I won't blame people for that one.

Yeah, I was actually at that game also, and had it not been for a barrage of text messages from my friends telling me not to leave, I would have been long gone. I got as far as the end of my row before I started getting text messages.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
The Atmosphere was better when Dick Fa-kin Tarnstrom was our leading scorer. That is when real fans used to go. Now it is mostly corporate tickets, and the yuppie "in crowd" who get the tickets because it's the cool thing to do..... There are some real fans left, but many have been replaced by the wealthy "in crowd".

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
The Atmosphere was better when Dick Fa-kin Tarnstrom was our leading scorer. That is when real fans used to go. Now it is mostly corporate tickets, and the yuppie "in crowd" who get the tickets because it's the cool thing to do..... There are some real fans left, but many have been replaced by the wealthy "in crowd".

That's the way it works. You want them to stay in Pittsburgh the price of tickets go up.

You're not the first one to notice that the crowd has changed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad