Speculation: Greenway to Canucks. Report Says Vancouver Eying Him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Exactly.....Greenaway is due $3m this year and next.....far too much money for a guy who's essentially a fourth line winger.

So unless the Sabres are willing to eat part of his salary; or agree to throw in some picks or prospects; I don't see how they can move him.
Exactly.....Greenaway is due $3m this year and next.....far too much money for a guy who's essentially a fourth line winger.

So unless the Sabres are willing to eat part of his salary; or agree to throw in some picks or prospects; I don't see how they can move him.

buffalo isn’t offering, vancouver is asking
Buffalo coach knows greenway from team usa
buffalo gave 2+5 for him so thry expect more back if retention is done

i think greenway can work well if you put him with 2 stronger offensive players and he plays boards/ net front.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Guy's a banger, not really a power forward? Unless he's a throw-in Vancouver shouldn't be targeting him anyways if Buffalo has a high ask. Just see what we have in Podkolzin and see if Joshua holds up as that 3rd LW instead of dumping assets.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
buffalo isn’t offering, vancouver is asking
Buffalo coach knows greenway from team usa
buffalo gave 2+5 for him so thry expect more back if retention is done

i think greenway can work well if you put him with 2 stronger offensive players and he plays boards/ net front.
Exactly -he’s performed above level of where he was traded and thus will require more than that (2+5)back if traded from a Sabres perspective - plus I believe Sabres have no desire to trade him. He is one of the top 10 penalty killers in the league based on a few metrics I’ve seen and they’re not going to give that up when they have nothing else like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad