Speculation: Greenway to Canucks. Report Says Vancouver Eying Him

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
This would probably get it done for both teams, forward and defense prospects for the Sabres and an NHL ready centre, and of course Greenway to the Canucks:

To Buffalo: Klimovich, Nielsen, Aman, 2025 5th, 2026 7th

To Vancouver: Greenway (20% retained), 2024 3rd

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
This would probably get it done for both teams, forward and defense prospects for the Sabres and an NHL ready centre, and of course Greenway to the Canucks:

Seems like a lot of junk for Buffalo. They are already pretty crowded with forwards and forward prospects. Why is Buffalo adding a 3rd?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Listen I wouldn't need much for Greenway ... but what I don't need is a bunch of quantity over quality.

If I were looking to get rid of him I'd just settle on a 2nd and be done.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Not saying it's impossible but I think Vancouver should be really careful about adding so many guys this late. Things are going very well. Be careful upsetting the apple cart.

Reactions: PettersonHughes

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

This quite obviously wouldn't get it done for the Sabres, retaining and giving up the best pick? come on now

Also OP this is a month old article that has gone nowhere since

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Not saying it's impossible but I think Vancouver should be really careful about adding so many guys this late. Things are going very well. Be careful upsetting the apple cart.
PDO insurance. I usually would agree with you, but I think they still need a few more pieces or Colorado & Vegas (if healthy) will eat their lunch this spring.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Reputation always seems to be better than the actual player. Most of the time, he's pretty 'meh'. Couple nice GREEF line seasons in MN that now feel more like EK dragging Folino and Greenway along. Don't ask him to score....ever.

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Nothing Buffalo needs more than a handful of mediocre prospects.
And they've clearly got more big, defensively responsible wingers than they know what to do with.

Reactions: 57special

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Reputation always seems to be better than the actual player. Most of the time, he's pretty 'meh'. Couple nice GREEF line seasons in MN that now feel more like EK dragging Folino and Greenway along. Don't ask him to score....ever.

He's been quite fine with us. Yeah, he's not a big points producer, but he does the "little things" well. He's a beast on the boards....which gives room to his linemates to work. His stick is excellent on the PK.

He's a very, very nice complementary piece for a 3rd line and has drawn in at the net front on our god-awful PP lately. But you're right -- he's not a big points guy.

Being honest, Buffalo needs another Greenway........not to get rid of the one we have.

Can't imagine that he's actually available short of a decent overpay.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
This is old news from before we got Lindholm.
Yeah this article was posted a month ago.
There was already a thread on it.
I think this thread title should be changed to Proposal: because it's essentially going to turn into that and there is no new rumor or speculation.

Reactions: Bgav

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley

What would Greenway give us over Aman? Aman is a bit of depth/role player for us so how would replacing him help?

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Never saw it on here. Apologies. I guess it's old news and didn't happen for obvious reasons stated above

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Can we get a merge here?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hes probably in 3rd to 5th value i gotta think.. then his contract enters the chat
Exactly.....Greenaway is due $3m this year and next.....far too much money for a guy who's essentially a fourth line winger.

So unless the Sabres are willing to eat part of his salary; or agree to throw in some picks or prospects; I don't see how they can move him.

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
Greenway is really inconsistent and is working on a 14 point season and what Buffalo needs is a new GM.

Maybe the trade is Greenway for a Canuck's Assistant GM?
He has 14 points in 38 games. That's around 30 points for a full season as a bottom 6 guy.

Really underselling a 30ish point 6'6 230lb bottom 6 guy that's decent defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad