Injury Report: Greene out 6-12 weeks, possibly season

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Hickey has not seen the ice in the Isle's first 2 games... He cannot even make a bottom pairing on that rag tag bunch..

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Looks good this year

Alot of Hawk fan hate comes from offer sheet in summer of 2010 and his struggles with living up to it

Also many view him as reason we lost Niemi

so far yes, but it's two games. one of which LA was sleep walking through. he did look good last night against the desert dogs. SJ totally **** the Hawks with that offer sheet. they knew it would either net them HJammer, or expose Niemi. either way they could squeeze CHI for one of them.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Hjalmarsson's age is an appealing factor. At 25, he fits right into the group, and is capable of logging his share of minutes now and in the future. Great 2nd pairing material. With Scuderi possibly leaving this offseason, I like the idea of figuring out his replacement sooner rather than later.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
so far yes, but it's two games. one of which LA was sleep walking through. he did look good last night against the desert dogs. SJ totally **** the Hawks with that offer sheet. they knew it would either net them HJammer, or expose Niemi. either way they could squeeze CHI for one of them.

Yep Doug Wilson got us good

Niemi and Hammer's agents got us good as well.. Hammer agent went looking for offer sheets and found Wilson ready to pounce

Should have been more concerned at time when Hammer and his agent put off contract talks

At time Hammer was far more valuable to team but I do miss Niemi alot.. Would be nice to have stability in net

07/08 = Khabby + Lalime
08/09 = Khabby + Huet
09/10 = Huet + Niemi
10/11 = Turco + Crawford
11/12 = Crawford + Emery

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I'm completely in the DL camp but him not addressing the d issues is worrisome.

We went from

Doughty
Mitchell
Scuderi
Voynov
Martinez
Greene
Drewiske
Bodnarchuk
Hickey
Muzzin
Campbell
Kolomatis
Deslauriers

To
Doughty
Scuderi
Voynov
Martinez
Drewiske
Muzzin
Bodnarchuk
Campbell
Kolomatis
Deslauriers

Horrible depth

LAX attack*

2 things - Drewiske should be out of the NHL asap, and we should consider giving Bodnarchuk a chance at this point.

Also does anyone else think we need another puck mover? I'm still undecided as to whether Martinez is already a number 4 defenseman.

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Greene apparently suffered a herniated disc in his back vs. CHI on Saturday. Expected to undergo surgery later this week.

KingKopitar11*

2 things - Drewiske should be out of the NHL asap, and we should consider giving Bodnarchuk a chance at this point.

Also does anyone else think we need another puck mover? I'm still undecided as to whether Martinez is already a number 4 defenseman.

PLEASE thats the right thing to do

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Greene apparently suffered a herniated disc in his back vs. CHI on Saturday. Expected to undergo surgery later this week.

there's our answer. i figured that is what happened. other than a shoulder its the only other 'upper' body to take him out that long

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
I'm completely in the DL camp but him not addressing the d issues is worrisome.

We went from

Doughty
Mitchell
Scuderi
Voynov
Martinez
Greene
Drewiske
Bodnarchuk
Hickey
Muzzin
Campbell
Kolomatis
Deslauriers

To
Doughty
Scuderi
Voynov
Martinez
Drewiske
Muzzin
Bodnarchuk
Campbell
Kolomatis
Deslauriers

Horrible depth

HUH? Greene happened two days ago? And Mitchell might be only out a few games....

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
If Mitchell returns soon, and with Muzzin, Bodnarchuk and Drewiske, the Kings have no defensemen outside of Doughty and Voynov who are right hand shots. Lombardi is going to have to find one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad