Injury Report: Greene out 6-12 weeks, possibly season

KingKopitar11*

Greene is superb on the PK, taking lanes, positioning,and good vision

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Seriously. People need to chill the **** out. Greene isn't that good to begin with he can be easily replaced IMO.

He and Mitchell out at the same time is not replaceable with anyone currently in the organization. More likely than not a move is necessary as opposed to something that should be looked at.

We have pieces to make a move, picks too and we're obviously going for another title, which means that we were likely to add later on anyway. So we'll see what it is now that the need has arisen sooner than expected.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
What the hell? I heard he was out tomorrow and then saw on twitter he was done for the season and thought it was a joke. They did say this would be the season of the injury so I'm not that surprised.

bobafettish*

this season just gets better and better........

w/o greene our d is really soft.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I could get behind that action.

Except you JUST traded for Calgary's Karlsson.

^
Karlsson is to fix Rockford ,,, Our goalies in Rockford are bigger disaster then our NHL goalies

- Richards is not good enough to start in a beer league
- Hutton is great fighter ,, Terrible goalie
- Kent Simpson looks like a waste of 2nd round pick right now and has been brutal in ECHL all year

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Lebrun said Hawks/Kings talked Bernier in summer

Hjalmarsson + Emery for Bernier could be beneficial to both clubs

good god....hell no. Hjammer drives Hawks fans crazy and i'm still waiting for Emery to go off the deep end. i live in Chicago and hear the fans *****es firsthand.

Bodnarchuk got called back up, so he Whiskey and Muzzin need to prove themselves.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
good god....hell no. Hjammer drives Hawks fans crazy and i'm still waiting for Emery to go off the deep end. i live in Chicago and hear the fans *****es firsthand.

Looks good this year

Alot of Hawk fan hate comes from offer sheet in summer of 2010 and his struggles with living up to it

Also many view him as reason we lost Niemi

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I'm guessing this means some time of invasive surgery.

10-12 weeks sounds about right, depending on the damage. At least this is how I interpret "out for the season, probably"

Lame. Well, time for someone to step it up and seize their chance. Toughness around the net is going to be somewhat of a concern...

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/01/mayorsmanor-sources-say-reports-on-matt-greene-not-true/

Just as the LA Kings were boarding their plane and heading off to Colorado this afternoon it was announced that defenseman Matt Greene had been placed on injured reserve (retroactive to January 19) and Andrew Bodnarchuk was called up from Manchester as a roster replacement.

And that’s when things quickly spun out of control.

Although coach Darryl Sutter had described it as a ‘mid-body’ injury, it was in fact his back.
Several reports went on to say that Greene would likely miss the remainder of the season. However, MayorsManor has checked into that claim and our sources say he’s estimated to be out 6-12 weeks, depending on how he heals. It remains unclear at the moment if he’s having surgery though.

The only thing the club has said about the injury is – “Matt Greene was placed on IR today due to a mid-body injury. As for recovery time-frame, we plan for the worst and hope for the best.”

We have a more detailed look at the Kings’ situation on defense, including notes and quotes about Willie Mitchell’s knee injury and rookie Jake Muzzin’s expected debut posted here.

From what we’ve gathered, it looks like Mitchell might play as early as Thursday vs. Edmonton or perhaps Saturday in Phoenix.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad