Greatest Chicago Blackhawk - #3

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Well, the fans have spoken and Stan Mikita has been voted the #2 Greatest Blackhawks of all-time. :clap:

55209-542-154SM.jpg

Remember how you define GREATEST is however you deem fit.

So, welcome to #3, which like the previous one, will be open until next Friday morning (July 1st)

:hawks:
The Greatest Blackhawks
1. Bobby Hull (51.43%)
2. Stan Mikita (80.36%)
3. __________
4. __________
5. __________
6. __________
7. __________
8. __________
9. __________
10. __________

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
The next three are all still here

Agree. I only put Kane ahead of Keith and Toews because of the amount of big goals he has scored. Each SC run we have made, it's been him scoring a couple of OT winners, or the GWG.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
I know its just me, but I don't vote on guys still playing. I went with Savard here but in reality Kane probably slots in here, maybe even 1 or 2 eventually.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Chelios.

After that Keith.

Toews and Kane will be tough to pick between.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Hard to me to pick Kane when he's #3 on his current team, LOL.

To me T, K and K have been around long enough to displace the hall of famers.

I go Savard, but and number of other players are equally worthy.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Went with Kaner...was a tough choice between him and Keith.

Chelios only spent 1/3 of his career here and they didn't win anything while he was here...that keeps him behind at least Kane and Keith IMO.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Keith, Kane, and Toews are all interchangeable to me. They all have a Smythe, and they all contribute equally in their own way to the Hawks success. IMHO ranking one higher than the other is due to such minuscule personal preference that no order would bother me as a fan

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Glenn Hall.

502 consecutive games played (Unbreakable for a goalie, like Cy Young 511 wins).
Calder
Conn Smythe (Stanley Cup 1961)
Vezina (3)
First team all star (7), Second team all star (4)
Career wins (9th)
Career shutouts (4th)
Hart voting (3,4,4,5,5,6,6,8)

It's complete voting ignorance that Denis Savard has more votes than Hall.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I'd have Toews over Kane and Keith. Those will be the next 2 for me.

3 Cups and possible more. That has to be considered for sure.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I know its just me, but I don't vote on guys still playing. I went with Savard here but in reality Kane probably slots in here, maybe even 1 or 2 eventually.

Yeah, me too. I suppose if Kane, Keith and Toews were in their late thirties I would consider them at this point .... and I'm certain that all three will end up in the top 6 or 7 (or better) Blackhawks of all time, but they have a lot of hockey in them yet. The accolades will come when they hang 'em up or are in their twilight years.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
Glenn Hall.

502 consecutive games played (Unbreakable for a goalie, like Cy Young 511 wins).
Calder
Conn Smythe (Stanley Cup 1961)
Vezina (3)
First team all star (7), Second team all star (4)
Career wins (9th)
Career shutouts (4th)
Hart voting (3,4,4,5,5,6,6,8)

It's complete voting ignorance that Denis Savard has more votes than Hall.

You will never find a bigger Glenn Hall fan than me. He is my all time favourite Hawk and the reason that I became a Hawk fan. However, there are a few things to remember when we consider where he ranks with the all time greats. For instance, when he was winning his all star spots he was only up against 5 other goalies a lot of the time. Goalies won Vezinas by being on the team that allowed the fewest goals. Also, he won his Conn Smythe playing for the Blues. Just sayin...

Last edited:

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
You will never find a bigger Glenn Hall fan than me. He is my all time favourite Hawk and the reason that I became a Hawk fan. However, there are a few things to remember when we consider where he ranks with the all time greats. For instance, when he was winning his all star spots he was only up against 5 other goalies a lot of the time. Goalies won Vezinas by being on the team that allowed the fewest goals. Also, he won his Conn Smythe playing for the Blues. Just sayin...

Very slippery slope argument as you'd have to do the same for Plante, Sawchuk, Richard, Beliveau, Shore, Harvey, et al., with the fewer numbers of players to compete against during the O6 era.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad