Greatest Babyface ever

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Don't think he's the #1 guy, but the lack of Cena in this thread disturbs me. This guy put the company on his back through a VERY meager decade in terms of talent to work with. Like him or not, the dude was a legitimate mega draw when there really weren't a lot of draws in wrestling and his ring work remains very underrated by many.

His name doesn't belong here because the thread greatest baby face ever and even you say he isn't number 1.

He doesn't come anywhere close to Austin or Hogan in that discussion and again considering the thread is greatest baby face, Cena has effectively been a heel for a large segment of the audience for many years of his run. The face isn't meant to have half the arena booing him.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
His name doesn't belong here because the thread greatest baby face ever and even you say he isn't number 1.

He doesn't come anywhere close to Austin or Hogan in that discussion and again considering the thread is greatest baby face, Cena has effectively been a heel for a large segment of the audience for many years of his run. The face isn't meant to have half the arena booing him.
You say that like Hogan was a face to everyone (he really really wasn't). Even Austin wasn't.

Cena still isn't in the conversation, but this isn't a reason why at all.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
No I don't say it like they were a face to everyone. Nobody is liked by everyone, but tell me when face Austin came out to the level of mixed reaction that Cena does. I don't recall Austin being the good guy while a big part of the crowd chanted how much he sucked.

Part of that of course is Cena being stuck with the same gimmick for so long and people expressing their tiredness of it, but the whole he's been a top face for so long argument doesn't hold up as much when you consider for a long stretch of time now a lot of the crowd actively boo him.

As people turned on Hulk he was smart enough to turn lest it reach that level.

It's not the deciding reason for why he isn't on their level it's simply a rebuttal to the Cena longevity argument. Cena does deserve credit for how long he has helped carry the load, but as testament to him as a top face no.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
There was nothing Austin did that Hogan didn't do before him better? The most watched time frame for wrestling wasn't headed by Hogan. Remember that. And Hogan's face run looked absolutely nothing like Austin's. They were direct opposites in terms of story style and character style.
Lol what?

Hogan turning heel jump-started the Monday night wars. Remember that.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
How would Hogan do in the 80's with cable as popular as it was in the late 90's. Would be interesting to see if cable was distributed to both evenly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad