News Article: Great news on Rutuu

Jagee44

Mar 1, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I think early to middle April is the earliest we would see him back playing. Cole missed a ton of time and he came back and played decent in the 2006 playoffs, I hope Ruutu can do the same.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I think early to middle April is the earliest we would see him back playing. Cole missed a ton of time and he came back and played decent in the 2006 playoffs, I hope Ruutu can do the same.

Muller said he'd be back pretty quick once he started practicing, assuming no setbacks. So there is no reason for any pessimism on that front.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Michael Smith ‏@MSmithCanes

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ruutu have non-contact jersey on when practice gets more physical, like tomorrow. No battling in morning skate.

ChuckW

Keep the Hurricanes great!
May 15, 2009
Parts unknown
Cole missed a ton of time and he came back and played decent in the 2006 playoffs, I hope Ruutu can do the same.

He played in two games, game 6 and 7 of the final. In game 6, he was invisible. Marginally better in game 7, but still not a great example to use.

I have no clue. Just the first GIF that came to mind when I saw the news haha.

Good one anyway!

Jagee44

Mar 1, 2013
Raleigh, NC
He played in two games, game 6 and 7 of the final. In game 6, he was invisible. Marginally better in game 7, but still not a great example to use.

Yeah I know, I should have phrased it better. I'm just saying if Cole could get into playing shape that late Ruutu will have more than enough time to get in game shape.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I remember Cole being an absolute wrecking ball in game 6, destroying everything in sight. But that was so long ago, who knows what tricks my old man brain is playing on me.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I remember Cole being an absolute wrecking ball in game 6, destroying everything in sight. But that was so long ago, who knows what tricks my old man brain is playing on me.

Game 6 of the 2006 Final may have been the worst game ever played by a Whaler/Canes team. They completely didn't show up. Never in it. Cole got hit early (Ethan Moreau?) and we all held our breath to see how he'd react. He got up, but it was hard to tell anything from that game, since the entire team completely sucked from the first drop of the puck.

Regardless, still a bad example. Cole was ready to play a while earlier, but there was no spot for him and thus, no point risking further injury. The only reason he played at all is because of Doug Weight's shoulder injury. If Weight hadn't been hurt, Cole would have watched the entire postseason. But again, he was ready to go a few weeks previous.

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
Yeah, that Game 6 was an absolute disaster. One of the most upsetting nights I've had as a fan, despite the knowledge that I would get to witness in person a SCF Game 7. Cole only played 12:27 in Game 7 (only Ladd and LaRose played less), but had 9 hits (next most were Ladd and Recchi with 5). If I recall correctly, he drew the penalty that led to Kaberle's Cup-winning powerplay goal.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Yeah, Cole came out flying in Game 7 and set the tone with a couple of big hits early. But I don't remember him doing anything memorable in Game 6, other than simply stepping on the ice which was a pretty big deal.

IIRC Vasicek also played a couple games in that series after being out all year and wasn't bad (but wasn't good either). It's good that Ruutu will have some time to round into shape before the p-word.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I still maintain that we are trading for Cole at the deadline.

He's scored 1 goal and 0 assists in 6 games with the Stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad