News Article: Great news on Rutuu

Zombie Mike Murphy

Mar 18, 2011
But Rutherford said this week that March 15 was the date doctors will decide if Ruutu can be cleared to return to practice. And Canes coach Kirk Muller said Sunday that once he's back in practices it may not take long for him to be ready to play.

"Hopefully by next week we get the green light from him," Muller said. "I think it will start off as team practices, then physical contact. He's a guy who has kept himself in pretty good shape. I think once it starts, as far as practices, I don't think he's too far off.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/ruutu-could-return-sooner-than-expected

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Yeah if he's back in like 2 weeks, this team could be lethal.

I realize it puts Jussi or Dwyer in a tough spot, but a Wallace - Nash - Ruutu line would be fun to watch.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
tumblr_inline_mhgj70lT341rn121i.jpg

Was hoping by the end of the season. By the end of March? jesus, probably adding a #4 dman away from being a legit contender assuming Pitkanen's healthy by then and Ward's back by the playoffs.

Last edited:

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Sweet TEA
Ruutu-Jordan-Skinner
Jokinen-Nash-Terry (has Terry earned a few more games' worth of a look?)
Dwyer-Brent-Wallace
LaRose

Really liking that lineup.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Wow, great news. Even if he only plays at his floor the offense will be significantly improved.

I think right now he would fit on the second line pretty well. That would solve a lot of the issues with people targeting Skinner. Although I can see a reunited Ruutu/Jokinen line being a good place to start him out too.

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
Ruutu on the 2nd with Jordan and Ruutu works perfectly. He is that glue guy THEY have been looking for and hadnt really found in Dwyer, Wallace, or Jokinen. Dwyer was close, but hasnt continued to work. Ruutu there would be absolute aces.

Zombie Mike Murphy

Mar 18, 2011
The fanbase will never tolerate Skinner on the 3rd line.

Maybe with this many healthy, as much as I hesitate to do this.... what about something like...

Semin-JStall-EStall
Skins'n'Finns
Tlusty-Nash-Wallace
plugs

Gr8Dan

Dec 29, 2009
NC
The fanbase will never tolerate Skinner on the 3rd line.

Maybe with this many healthy, as much as I hesitate to do this.... what about something like...

Semin-JStall-EStall
Skins'n'Finns
Tlusty-Nash-Wallace
plugs

Why in the world would you break up the 1st line??? Its money right now.

Keep Jstaal with skinner and add ruutu. Jokinen and Nash were really clicking when they played together.

Tlusty EStaal Semin
Skinner JStaal Ruutu
Jokinen Nash Dwyer
Wallace Brent Bowman

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

Keep Jstaal with skinner and add ruutu. Jokinen and Nash were really clicking when they played together.

Tlusty EStaal Semin
Skinner JStaal Ruutu
Jokinen Nash Dwyer
Wallace Brent Bowman

so excited for this top 9. We are so balanced, it's actually kinda scary. Our team is so deep (at forward) that we're debating who is gonna get relegated to the third line.

Very nice problem to have, and potentially makes trading for a top 4 defenceman that much easier cause our hole to fill goes from being top six to bottom six.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

Tlusty EStaal Semin
Skinner JStaal Ruutu
Jokinen Nash Dwyer
Wallace Brent Bowman

LaRose+Bowman (or whatever it takes, within reason) to Pittsburgh for Tyler Kennedy.

Tlusty-Staal-Semin
Skinner-Staal-Kennedy
Jokinen-Nash-Ruutu
Wallace-Brent-Dwyer

You have a natural center on all four lines, players with known chemistry together on each of the top 3 lines, and a hard-working 4th line with a little bit of everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad