OT: Great Job San Jose!!

scott99

May 13, 2005
That's the coolest **** ever!!!

Great job Sharks!!!

The announcer is right, just no words to convey how WONDERFUL that was. What a classy organization. Brings tears to the eyes, what a great thing to do for a great kid.

tag0519

Jan 28, 2013
This story did it for me - I'm pulling for the Sharks in the playoffs!!

A note about the Sharks on-ice play - everytime I watch them they are a hard working 200 ft team and no dirtyness to speak of.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I have a heart condition too. maybe the isles will do this for me. then again, I am 32, so the make a wish foundation doesn't give a damn about me.

Sharks are the team I'm rooting for to win the cup this year.

Last edited:

scott99

May 13, 2005
This story did it for me - I'm pulling for the Sharks in the playoffs!!

A note about the Sharks on-ice play - everytime I watch them they are a hard working 200 ft team and no dirtyness to speak of.

Good call tag0519, I will be rooting for them as well. I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area from 1999-2006, and watched a lot of Sharks hockey, and they've always been a likable franchise. I actually was there during the Nabakov/Kiprisoff tandem, saw them both as rookies. So I always was a fan of Nabakov. Also always liked Thornton and Marleau.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
So the Sharks allowed a fan with a heart condition to skate with them? Big deal. Isles allow guys with no heart to skate out every night.

tag0519

Jan 28, 2013
Good call tag0519, I will be rooting for them as well. I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area from 1999-2006, and watched a lot of Sharks hockey, and they've always been a likable franchise. I actually was there during the Nabakov/Kiprisoff tandem, saw them both as rookies. So I always was a fan of Nabakov. Also always liked Thornton and Marleau.

it's funny they remind me of the Islanders of the '70's (yes I'm old enough to remember - 50). As good as they were winning the 4 cups, the Isles were, for years, criticized for being a very good team yet can't win the cup. The Sharks have had that label for some time as well....... GO SHARKS in'14!!!

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
it's funny they remind me of the Islanders of the '70's (yes I'm old enough to remember - 50). As good as they were winning the 4 cups, the Isles were, for years, criticized for being a very good team yet can't win the cup. The Sharks have had that label for some time as well....... GO SHARKS in'14!!!

I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and I vividly remember watching them upset the Red Wings in the first round of the 1994 playoffs. If that hadn’t happened, there’s a good chance I never would have developed an interest in hockey. I followed the Sharks casually until I went out of state for college in 2005 and have continued to watch their playoff games even though I’ve been living on the East Coast since 2008.

Anyway, the Sharks have a fanbase that deserve a Cup. They’re proof hockey can succeed in “non-traditional” markets (not that I advocate keeping the Coyotes in Arizona or expanding to Las Vegas). However, the team needs to overcome its tendency to come up short in the playoffs. This year’s team is very good, but the West is stacked. We’ll see.

I was at the Panthers-Sharks game on Tuesday as I was visiting family in the area. The Islanders are 0-6 in games I’ve attended this year and I also can’t see the Sharks beat the flippin’ Panthers at home. What do I have to do leave a hockey game happy? :help: :laugh: (Edit: I was aware that the two points the Panthers picked up on Tuesday in San Jose may end up helping the Islanders in the draft standings. So, not all was lost!)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad