GDT: Great Britain vs Sweden

Nosswor

Jun 24, 2016
Correct, I'm just being very silly and I'm very bored, yes. But still, he has the number 75 in his neck and I wondered why and put a spin on it.

I don't care. It still looks ridiculous and ruins an otherwise quite good looking British jersey. And for the record, prostate cancer is a much bigger issue than breast cancer. Ever heard of any effort to raise awareness of that, have you? Nope. Par for the course. Ever heard of other breast cancer awareness campaigns? Dozens upon dozens, everywhere. What demographic is watching hockey?

Second of all, I couldn't care less if Myers played his 100th game, he was rather invisible. A participation award, great. Bowns deserved that price, since he actually was the best British player on the ice by far. If the Brits want to give Myers an award, you do that as a side price in the ending ceremony.

You missed absolutely nothing, although Kempe's one goal was rather pretty. You can see that in the highlights instead.

Wow, that says a lot about your character.

I'd never criticize anything for raising money for charity in this regard, and I can't believe you're having a fit over a damned man of the match award, when we chose to give it to a player who has been instrumental in us rising two divisions. I'm glad that my team would choose to do such a thing to honour one of its most important players of the last two decades.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Wow, that says a lot about your character.

I'd never criticize anything for raising money for charity in this regard, and I can't believe you're having a fit over a damned man of the match award, when we chose to give it to a player who has been instrumental in us rising two divisions. I'm glad that my team would choose to do such a thing to honour one of its most important players of the last two decades.
Honestly, I really don't care. If Britain wants to give a golden watch to the daughter of the Queen (more like grand grand daughter of that relic) after a game for existing, go ahead. If that's so important, alright then. If it's so important to circumvent the purpose of the awards to honour someone, fine. I still think it could've been handled in a much better way, but it's the IIHF clown tournament, so who am I to judge? I just felt bad for the British goalie (I've already forgotten his name? Bowser? Bows? Bows.) that was snubbed of an award he fully deserved, that's it. But who cares? Nobody. Nobody even remembers this game now. It's not a big deal. So, give your captain an automatic award for existing even if he would've been the worst player on the ice, who cares? Give it to an unmarked water bottle for all I care. But...

... as for the fund raising garbage "raising awareness" around breast cancer from a "sponsor", that's another topic that I won't even touch any deeper, because then I would go into devastating criticism against ridiculous and utterly shameless signal politics, PR, other lying shit and the mods would be very, very unhappy. Again. Let's just say I think it's laughable from the very core to actually think that neon pink label has anything to do with the proposed - and paid for - PR message, in this case "breast cancer". It could just as well be endangered palm trees in Indonesia or monkeys lacking pooping space in Gibraltar if the suits believe that's what's trending to maximize their symbolic promotion and increased earnings.

But you're right. It says alot about my character. Very cynical. Not alot of huggy bear, blind idealism that leads to identical dead ends. Shit comes in, shit comes out.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad