GDT: Great Britain vs Sweden

JimXVX

Jan 3, 2017
Hard to know what to expect here. Based on how poor Sweden have been so far, and how GB have raised their game to unexpected levels (to my huge surprise, I'll admit), it could well be very close. Then again, if you told me Sweden were going to finally get it together & completely destroy us I could well believe it.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Swedens chances to make the playoffs are pretty slim, but anything other than 3pts here and we are done. We are 6 pts behind Russia, Switzerland and Slovakia and 5 pts behind Czech Rep and Denmark. Denmark and Czech Republic also have the head-to-head edge aginst us so it might as well by 6 pts. We can at max get 9 more points. So even if two of the teams get 0 more points, we still have to get 6pts. Getting 3pts against Russia won't happen. So 3pts from Great Britain is a must.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Swedens chances to make the playoffs are pretty slim, but anything other than 3pts here and we are done. We are 6 pts behind Russia, Switzerland and Slovakia and 5 pts behind Czech Rep and Denmark. Denmark and Czech Republic also have the head-to-head edge aginst us so it might as well by 6 pts. We can at max get 9 more points. So even if two of the teams get 0 more points, we still have to get 6pts. Getting 3pts against Russia won't happen. So 3pts from Great Britain is a must.

Now when I look at the standing, the situation is even more dire. I think passing Russia and Czechs are out of the question, so we have to manage to pass Great Britian, Belarus, Denmark and one of Switzerland and Slovakia.

We have Slovakia yet to play, so if we don't get 3 pts there we won't pass them, we have to get 6 pts vs Britain and Slovakia to have shot. Assuming Slovakia loses against the Czechs they also have Denmark left to play. Let's say everything goes our way and Denmark gets all 3 pts against Slovakia, then we still have to worry about passing Denmark. There other two games are against Czechs (go Czech Republic) and Belarus. Let's say those results also go our way, then we have to worry about Belarus, who have Swiss and Russia. Pick any other team that you we should pass and you see that the road is as hard no matter what them you play.

Tonight:
Denmark - Belarus (are we better off with them splitting points here? Who knows? Denmark needs to keep there health, energy and confidence up for the game against Slovakia on Saturday. 2pts to Denmark, 1pt to Belarus optimal?)

Saturday:
Czech - GBR (don't think this matters, don't expect us to pass the Czech, so it is probably better if they get all 3pts. Go Czech!)
Swiss - Russia (go Russia!)
Slovakia - Denmark (go Denmark!)

Sunday:
Belarus - Switzerland (go Belarus?)
Sweden - Slovakia (3pts is almost a must, 2pts or it is definatly over)

Monday:
Czech - Denmark (go Czech!)
Russia - Sweden (We'll see the status when we get here, but 0pts and we are out definatly. Win is probably a must, especially if we didn't get 6pts from the previous matches)

Thuesday:
Switzerland - Great Britain (rule Britannia!)
Slovakia - Czech Repulic (go Czech!)
Russia - Belarus (go Russia?)

That would leave us with a table

Russia 15pts
Czech Republic 15ts
Sweden 12pts
Denmark 10pts
------------------------
Switzerland 9pts
Slovakia 9pts
Belarus 8pts
Great Britain 7pts

Last edited:

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Guys, your thoughts on Lindberg? Big TOI but nothing on scoresheet so far

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Line-ups announced:

Fasth starting

Tömmernes - Nygren
Dahlbeck - Sellgren
Pilut - Pudas
Lööv

Lindberg - Lindholm - Rakell
Sörensen - A. Kempe - M. Kempe
Hållander - Lundström - Olofsson
Frödén - Wingerli - Friberg
Rasmussen

Nice to se Hållander in, but would've liked to see Holmberg as well. Good to see Lööv moved to 7th D man, but would've hoped to see Albert Johansson.

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I feel like Sörensen and Lundeström keeps getting chances on the top lines just because the play in the NHL. They haven't been horribad, but they're just not offensive players. Either 4th line or bench for them in my mind

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Sörensen bout to slow down the Super Kempe brothers. Should be on the 4th line, but the third line should be nice to watch at least.

andy500

Jul 5, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Really excited for this one. Got to expect a big win for Sweden. But apart from 4 minutes or so in the first period of the tournament, GB has hung with everyone.

If we could effectively eliminate Sweden, what a story that would be. The fact we're even in a position to do it is great.

Love watching this GB team.

Reactions: stastny12

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Sörensen bout to slow down the Super Kempe brothers. Should be on the 4th line, but the third line should be nice to watch at least.

Yep, glad to see Hållander getting a chance with Olofsson, I've been wanting to see that duo for awhile. Will be a lot of responsiblity on Hållander to carry the play in that line though, Olofsson is a finisher and Lundeström does a good job with the back check, but he hasn't contributed anything offensively so far

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
With Lundkvist gone, I actually think Magnus Nygren has been our best defenceman. Although that says more about our D corps than Nygren...

Reactions: AB13

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Hahaha unbelivable. If thats not goaltender interference you cant call Hahaha what a joke!!!

Reactions: AB13

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Clown refs can't stop themselves from clowning. That's an extremely blatant goalie interference. How the hell is Fasth supposed to save a shot when an opponent shoves him into the net with the skate blades first?

I wondered why they had to watch it for 5 minutes. Now I know why. They were actually trying to justify a goal. WHAT A JOKE! Just on par with this entire tournament.

Reactions: PTmbp13

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I'm sorry, this team is not good at all but it's also getting butt f***ed by the refs.

Win this game and prepare for next year.

Reactions: PTmbp13

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
So.. now you can glide in not trying to stop. Reading the Rule book? LoL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad