Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition (3/VC/SA remasters for current-gen)

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Some of those character models though…. :help::help::help:
Mgwfjzt.png

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I dunno. The character models look OK to me...

...if this is Grand Theft Auto: The Thing.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Man Gta 3 had some shit mechanics. No wonder i never finished it.

Think i am going to skip it and go right to Vice City.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
DO NOT BUY THIS!!! IT'S A PIECE OF BUGGY CRAP!!

You have been warned.
Appreciate this. Had it in my cart and decided to check some opinions and see some gameplay and it convinced me to skip it.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Apparently according to the GTA Reddit the trilogy has been pulled now from the Rockstar Launcher for PC.

Dunno if the console versions have been pulled too.

Last edited:

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
The frame drops in this game are horrible. Makes some of the missions very hard to do. They really need to release a patch for it.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
There are very little issues with Vice City, San Andreas even looks weird.

Sep 19, 2008
III is solid and just goofy fun. Not really that guy who flips out and takes it out on GTA civilians but it's hard not to with how cartoony III is

I draw police heat, go to meet the don Luigi, and then I get out of the prompt and there are 3 cops waiting there right when I get out :laugh:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I haven’t played SA yet, but I’ve got like 8 hours into 3 and VC, and I’m loving it. I went online after playing it expecting to see positive reviews, and totally don’t get people’s complaints. Like, did people actually expect it to look like RDR2? They basically just made it look and play like your nostalgia goggles make you remember it being

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Man they really didn't do much for quality of life in San Andreas.

Checkpoints are still garbage. Love how some missions will checkpoint me at the actual start of a mission (the one with the russian mobsters will spawn you right outside the shipping yard if you die) and others will make me drive all the god damn way back to the mission location. Nice consistency

Several times in missions already i've had glitches where if i die, CJ will get either frozen in place or run into a wall endlessly for some reason and there's nothing i can do to stop it outside of completely reloading my save (somehow carries over if you load from checkpoint too)

Missions outright breaking as certain triggers/characters don't spawn in

Constantly despawning vehicles when starting/progessing a mission. Every time i go to start one whatever vehicle i drove to it vanishes. I also had a bike stashed in the same ship yard for that mobster mission and it vanished when i had to chase the russian weapons dealer. Kind of a problem since you need to jump in a car/bike ASAP since he gets away otherwise

Other assorted garbage like cops spawning during the mission where you need to save Sweet behind me and killing me because i had no idea they were there.

Absolute garbage. First couple hours were good but now the blemishes are really starting to show.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015

Checkpoints are still garbage. Love how some missions will checkpoint me at the actual start of a mission (the one with the russian mobsters will spawn you right outside the shipping yard if you die) and others will make me drive all the god damn way back to the mission location. Nice consistency

Several times in missions already i've had glitches where if i die, CJ will get either frozen in place or run into a wall endlessly for some reason and there's nothing i can do to stop it outside of completely reloading my save (somehow carries over if you load from checkpoint too)

Constantly despawning vehicles when starting/progessing a mission. Every time i go to start one whatever vehicle i drove to it vanishes. I also had a bike stashed in the same ship yard for that mobster mission and it vanished when i had to chase the russian weapons dealer. Kind of a problem since you need to jump in a car/bike ASAP since he gets away otherwise

Other assorted garbage like cops spawning during the mission where you need to save Sweet behind me and killing me because i had no idea they were there.

Absolute garbage. First couple hours were good but now the blemishes are really starting to show.
The vanishing of vehicles was in the original as well, it’s not a glitch. Imagine how much memory it would take to save locations of each and every vehicle. Also if you’re talking about the mission ”Sweet’s girl” it’s exactly the same as it was in the OG game, so i don’t get that complain.

They really do need to fix some of the actual glitches tho.

Reactions: The Nuge

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

…and the cheats don’t even work.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Just another remaster that was released without being properly tested for a quick cash grab. Glad that customers are not taking this lying down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad