Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition (3/VC/SA remasters for current-gen)

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY

In honor of the upcoming anniversary, today we are excited to announce that all three games will be coming to current generation platforms later this year in Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and the Rockstar Games Launcher on PC. Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will feature across-the-board upgrades including graphical improvements and modern gameplay enhancements for all three titles, while still maintaining the classic look and feel of the originals. We’re extremely excited to share more about these groundbreaking titles in the coming weeks — stay tuned!

Reactions: John Price

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If anything this is to distract from the fact GTA VI needs more time.

Don't worry. Rockstar is ****ing huge so I'm sure they have a small army already working on VI and have the resources to spare for a much easier port/remaster

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
This actually kind of makes me want to dust off the old Xbox and fire VC up again. What a fun game. Screw the missions, was so much fun just driving around and see how much trouble you can get into

Driving is better in V but it’s more fun in VC. Which is weird.

Sep 19, 2008
I tried beating VC then once I realized you have to have like all the houses/venues or have a bunch of money or something is when I quit.
I went up to this mission at the outdoor mall and quit. Just couldn't take the car handling

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
So pathetic, that I've purchased GTA V 3 times, but almost curious about getting this for the Switch, would give me a lot of vibes of playing some of the GTA's on my PSP.

But my problem is, that I never do much in these games, I just like to sandbox and blow shit up. Just give me cheat codes or a trainer, some grenades, and a rocket launcher...

Reactions: CPTN71

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
If anything this is to distract from the fact GTA VI needs more time.

Don't worry. Rockstar is ****ing huge so I'm sure they have a small army already working on VI and have the resources to spare for a much easier port/remaster
Most likely. But I'm fine with them taking their sweet time on GTA6. As much as I just want the game now, Rockstar has a great track record, so I have faith they'll release an absolute masterpiece.

Modern gameplay enhancements. Hopefully better shooting otherwise I won’t be buying.
I sure hope they introduce the "cover" system that GTA 5 has.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Do the games look better? Yeah absolutely. Is there enough there to get me to pay full price for some 15-20 year old games on the Rockstar Games launcher? Nope

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Hopefully they don’t go overboard with censorship. While it is a very minor detail, it appears that the shirt Phil Cassidy wore in the original game has had the Confederate flag on the front removed and replaced with a skull in this “definitive” version.

A comparison:

qlpwa3ovm0v71.png

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
New games take time to make. Especially since Rockstar puts a shit ton of time and effort into theirs for better or for worse.

All crypto guy knows how to do is complain so i'm not surprised.

Reactions: Beau Knows

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The thing I'm trying to figure out is whether or not theres any of the original game in this. For example bluepoint is known for actually importing original code into their remakes to the point where the games even have the same glitches from the originals despite looking like ground up remakes. I'm wondering if this is like a full remake or if it plays like the originals with some of the original code.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
New games take time to make. Especially since Rockstar puts a shit ton of time and effort into theirs for better or for worse.

All crypto guy knows how to do is complain so i'm not surprised.
I mean....it is getting pretty close to time to get on with 6. I have no problem with them releasing this though. It is the updates to 5 that piss me off. Likely a full decade between GTA's is absolute madness.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Hopefully they don’t go overboard with censorship. While it is a very minor detail, it appears that the shirt Phil Cassidy wore in the original game has had the Confederate flag on the front removed and replaced with a skull in this “definitive” version.

A comparison:

qlpwa3ovm0v71.png

See, I find this stupid. Having a character with the Confederate flag in the game wouldn’t be supporting that, moreso showing that there’s people like this in the world you could encounter.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
See, I find this stupid. Having a character with the Confederate flag in the game wouldn’t be supporting that, moreso showing that there’s people like this in the world you could encounter.

Exactly.

Phil Cassidy is supposed to be an arms-dealing, moonshine drinking, Vietnam veteran redneck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad