Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins Discussion

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think he’s underrated as a prospect, but ok.
2 years younger and already outproducing Berggren there...

These Draper-reaches are doing very well.

I really like Hanas, because he is so do-it-all guy.

Quite shoot-first guy but still a playmaker too. Gritty and bit of a pest. Just perfect depth player in the future. Can go to any line.

Reactions: wingerdinger

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015

Quite shoot-first guy but still a playmaker too. Gritty and bit of a pest. Just perfect depth player in the future. Can go to any line.
Outproduce Berggren? The dude has 2 points in 2 games meanwhile Berggren got hurt halfway through his first. I don't think there's a comparison to be made yet. Hanas has been promising though. The dude is good in the corners and on the forecheck which is nice to combine with his raw skill.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I think he’s underrated as a prospect, but ok.
Kid can’t skate. Slowest transition player I’ve seen in a while. I get the allure of the offensive skill, but that skill can’t be deployed at the NHL level without much better skating. And he doesn’t bring anything else to the table, sooo…

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007

Not sure who you’re describing, but it’s not Cross Hanas ;)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Outproduce Berggren? The dude has 2 points in 2 games meanwhile Berggren got hurt halfway through his first. I don't think there's a comparison to be made yet. Hanas has been promising though. The dude is good in the corners and on the forecheck which is nice to combine with his raw skill.

Year ago Berggren produced 0+0 on his first 5 games, as one year older.

So it's a pretty good start from Hanas. It's a GOOD thing.

Not sure who you’re describing, but it’s not Cross Hanas ;)

He pretty much is:

"- Cross is a big bodied goal scoring winger who had an up and down rookie year in Portland. "

"- I've seen him a handful of times live and on tv and while he has moments of showing off his tools, he seems to struggle to really put them all together at the same time when I've seen him. Perhaps this comes with time."

"- I think his game translates a lot more smoothly to the pro level and I can see Hanas' skillset potentially making him a very good player."

"- Hanas is a good skater, good size, uses his body well, great hands, and one thing I always look for in prospects is likeability his teammates love this kid, he's got way more hustle than Jarvis, and like a bunch of these kids on Portland, the kid has swagger in heaps. "

After draft:
"- Perfect range to take a bet on Hanas. Skill level through the roof and engages physically, just very raw."

"game I saw recently he was just flying, trying (and pulling off) some great moves and passes, he was also more physical than I've seen him. I think if Hanas is going to make it to the NHL he's going to have to improve along the boards, get stronger as a 200-foot player, and do less of the flashy near impossible stuff, sticking to the higher percentage play. Hanas was drafted on potential more than his performance and I think that he's still in that same phase -- he really needs to continue to improve."

After 2 AHL games Hanas has 6 shots on goal, which is pretty high number, and playing with Bottom6 minutes.

Red Wings organization did compare him to "David Perron" at draft time, as a player type. Think there's quite much of that, if he'll get all together by time.

The age will matter, and he is very young, doing good things.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Year ago Berggren produced 0+0 on his first 5 games, as one year older.

So it's a pretty good start from Hanas. It's a GOOD thing.

He pretty much is:

"- Cross is a big bodied goal scoring winger who had an up and down rookie year in Portland. "

"- I've seen him a handful of times live and on tv and while he has moments of showing off his tools, he seems to struggle to really put them all together at the same time when I've seen him. Perhaps this comes with time."

"- I think his game translates a lot more smoothly to the pro level and I can see Hanas' skillset potentially making him a very good player."

"- Hanas is a good skater, good size, uses his body well, great hands, and one thing I always look for in prospects is likeability his teammates love this kid, he's got way more hustle than Jarvis, and like a bunch of these kids on Portland, the kid has swagger in heaps. "

After draft:
"- Perfect range to take a bet on Hanas. Skill level through the roof and engages physically, just very raw."

"game I saw recently he was just flying, trying (and pulling off) some great moves and passes, he was also more physical than I've seen him. I think if Hanas is going to make it to the NHL he's going to have to improve along the boards, get stronger as a 200-foot player, and do less of the flashy near impossible stuff, sticking to the higher percentage play. Hanas was drafted on potential more than his performance and I think that he's still in that same phase -- he really needs to continue to improve."

After 2 AHL games Hanas has 6 shots on goal, which is pretty high number, and playing with Bottom6 minutes.

Red Wings organization did compare him to "David Perron" at draft time, as a player type. Think there's quite much of that, if he'll get all together by time.

The age will matter, and he is very young, doing good things.

Hanas has hands and some real playmaking IQ.
But I question his skating and the notion he has a "big body."
What I think about is that if a guy like Zadina has such a hard time turning the corner, what does that mean for a guy like Hanas.
Cause Hanas has to be a top 9F, 2nd unit PP guy to be a player, I think.
3rd line wingers better offer something to the PP or PK and I don't see PK work in his future.

Hope the kid finds another gear in his game and blows up in GR.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hope the kid finds another gear in his game and blows up in GR.

Yes, he has plenty of time, when considering his age. And playing at men's league. Perfect position, if he deserves a roster spot before some others, who did look pretty good at NHL pre-season games.

At off-season projections, I didn't expect him to be at Griffins Top12. But he's already there as a middle6 forward. That's a very good start. Production is a bonus.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Tonight, Show them you belong young fella!

If I didn't have fan involvement in this game I would still be pulling for Seabass to outduel the guy with the greezy scumstache. Who's telling guys these things look good? I would assume he drives a van with a mattress in the back of it.

Insincere apologies to anyone here with a mustache unless Rolly Fingers or Ron Burgundy are posting here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad