Grabovski, Suglobov, or Kaigorodov?

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Not going to be a homer so won't say anything about Grabovsky but how can Suglobov be ranked above Kaigorodov is beyond me.

mooseOAK*

Not going to be a homer so won't say anything about Grabovsky but how can Suglobov be ranked above Kaigorodov is beyond me.

I don't know what the big deal is with Kaigorodov, he has looked overmatched in the NHL so far.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't know what the big deal is with Kaigorodov, he has looked overmatched in the NHL so far.

The Sens are hoping it's a case of transition to North America...

As for the thread question:

as of right now.

Suglobov
Kaigarodov
Grabovski

In terms of potential

Kaigarodov
Grabovski
Suglobov

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003

as of right now.

Suglobov
Kaigarodov
Grabovski

In terms of potential

Kaigarodov
Grabovski
Suglobov

It likely is the classic NA transition, and I agree with your assessments.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

as of right now.

Suglobov
Kaigarodov
Grabovski

In terms of potential

Kaigarodov
Grabovski
Suglobov
I don't think Kaigorodov has more potential then Grabovski, i mean did you saw him at the last world cup with Belarussia, he was phenominal! He was as good as anyone on the ice, Kaigorodov looks too soft while Grabovski seemed to have a little bit of trouble handling bigger players, it's just adaptation time for him imo, he has Marc Savard potential

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't think Kaigorodov has more potential then Grabovski, i mean did you saw him at the last world cup with Belarussia, he was phenominal! He was as good as anyone on the ice, Kaigorodov looks too soft while Grabovski seemed to have a little bit of trouble handling bigger players, it's just adaptation time for him imo, he has Marc Savard potential

That's a short tournament, Kaigordov led the RSL in scoring and out produced Grabovski in the RSL the last 2 years. Have you seen either of these guys play in the RSL? what are you basing your opinion off of?

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
That's a short tournament, Kaigordov led the RSL in scoring and out produced Grabovski in the RSL the last 2 years. Have you seen either of these guys play in the RSL? what are you basing your opinion off of?

ya i saw a couple of RSL games on satellite, i didn't saw any of Grabo's games just Kaigorodov's, he would always shy away from traffic, either getting the first of two passes of a goal, or coming unwatched then grabing a rebound a putting it in, he has nice hands, not very fast though, those 2 WC Belarussian games i saw, Grabo was ont notch above evreyone else in terms of finishing a play and how fast he was with the puck, when he gets hit he gets up quick and keeps fighting, i would agree that he has buckle up alittle and try to play more with his head up, that's what i bais my opinions on...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
ya i saw a couple of RSL games on satellite, i didn't saw any of Grabo's games just Kaigorodov's, he would always shy away from traffic, either getting the first of two passes of a goal, or coming unwatched then grabing a rebound a putting it in, he has nice hands, not very fast though, those 2 WC Belarussian games i saw, Grabo was ont notch above evreyone else in terms of finishing a play and how fast he was with the puck, when he gets hit he gets up quick and keeps fighting, i would agree that he has buckle up alittle and try to play more with his head up, that's what i bais my opinions on...

They show RSL games in Quebec, I didn't know that. I had directv, great for hockey but in the states they don't show any Euro league games. RSL games are real easy to see if you don't mind spending the money. There's a guy on ebay that works for a tv company in Moscow and he sells the games for 10 bucks plus shipping (6 bucks) they are outstanding quality and I can only assume he has permission to do so as they come from Russian tv not direct from the rinks. So a team like Neftekhimik wouldn't be on tv much or that's what I have been told from friends in Moscow. Last season Grabo with Dynamo would have his games on tv more, I actually got to see him play against Korpikari in the Euro Champs Cup thanks to the guy at ebay.

Still I don't see how anyone can really form solid opinions on either Grabo or Kaigordov, since who knows how they will translate in NA but both were RSL All Stars (I beleive Kaigordov made the All Stars) Grabovski had the injury so we'll have to wait and see how he does in the AHL. Really like what I've seen from him and hope he can adapt well over here, how that compares to the other two prospects is pointless and meaningless anyway but I know that Hab and leaf fans must compare things for some sad reason.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
They show RSL games in Quebec, I didn't know that. I had directv, great for hockey but in the states they don't show any Euro league games. RSL games are real easy to see if you don't mind spending the money. There's a guy on ebay that works for a tv company in Moscow and he sells the games for 10 bucks plus shipping (6 bucks) they are outstanding quality and I can only assume he has permission to do so as they come from Russian tv not direct from the rinks. So a team like Neftekhimik wouldn't be on tv much or that's what I have been told from friends in Moscow. Last season Grabo with Dynamo would have his games on tv more, I actually got to see him play against Korpikari in the Euro Champs Cup thanks to the guy at ebay.

Still I don't see how anyone can really form solid opinions on either Grabo or Kaigordov, since who knows how they will translate in NA but both were RSL All Stars (I beleive Kaigordov made the All Stars) Grabovski had the injury so we'll have to wait and see how he does in the AHL. Really like what I've seen from him and hope he can adapt well over here, how that compares to the other two prospects is pointless and meaningless anyway but I know that Hab and leaf fans must compare things for some sad reason.

my cousin's uncle is Russian and a huge hockey fan, he lives in the city of Quebec and me and my cousin saw a couple of games at his house last winter, i didn't mostly who anyone was but man those games are boring:p:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Who was Kaig's linemate to help him pile up the points?

In the lock-out year (when he was 2nd in RSL points) Kaigorodov's linemates were Tertyshny and Gladskikh.......NOT Elias and Sykora as many believe.

Last year he mainly skated with Gladskikh and Chistov.

I don't know how well either will adjust to the NA game, but from somebody who's seen them play numerous times over the last 2 years:

Kaigorodov>>>Grabovsky

Get a subscription to http://www.russiantvonline.com/
You can watch all the games you want.

toshiro

Jun 14, 2005
Western Canuckland
In the lock-out year (when he was 2nd in RSL points) Kaigorodov's linemates were Tertyshny and Gladskikh.......NOT Elias and Sykora as many believe.

Last year he mainly skated with Gladskikh and Chistov.

I don't know how well either will adjust to the NA game, but from somebody who's seen them play numerous times over the last 2 years:

Kaigorodov>>>Grabovsky
Who were Malkins linemates last year?

Get a subscription to http://www.russiantvonline.com/
You can watch all the games you want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad