NHL Gov. Ned Lamont has a group with money to buy Arizona Coyotes, move them to Hartford

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

1686535923688.png

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Are there seriously not better cities available to move a team than Hartford?
Yes.

Another craptastic "Sunbelt" shit shitty shit beyond belief shit shitty local.

These f***** owners don't know what the f*** they're doing, and they don't f****** care.

Show me the money. That's all it was, is, and shall ever be.

It's amazing the league has decent people and decent players, given the fact that the league and its ownership are the scum of the Earth.

'Cream rises to the top."

So does scum.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
As much as it pains me to say it (for multiple reasons), Quebec City would be a better retread than Hartford.

It's not gonna happen. though. Either the Yotes pull off a Hail Mary on an arena in Arizona or they're just biding their time till a buyer gets organized in Houston. Houston makes too much sense -- no realignment needed and it even improves the Yotes start times by moving them into the Central Timezone with the rest of their division.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
No chance this happens

As much as it pains me to say it (for multiple reasons), Quebec City would be a better retread than Hartford.

It's not gonna happen. though. Either the Yotes pull off a Hail Mary on an arena in Arizona or they're just biding their time till a buyer gets organized in Houston. Houston makes too much sense -- no realignment needed and it even improves the Yotes start times by moving them into the Central Timezone with the rest of their division.

I won't say no chance but it is unlikely.

Karmanos admitted leaving Hartford was a blunder because of the Whalers' strong TV network across all of New England.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I've seen more Whalers swag since they moved in '97 than I ever did when they were in Hartford. In my whole life I've met one lonely Whalers fan - a college friend from Connecticut whose father was a Rangers fan and his brother was a Bruins fan.

Just move the team to Quebec City. I know all the bullshit reasons why the NHL doesn't want to, but that would throw some gasoline on the Canadiens, and I'd definitely be OK with that.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
just another place nearby I could catch a bruins game + listen to brass bonanza. It would be so awesome. Sucks it’s not gonna happen. I don’t think they’d be able to have a successful franchise in Hartford these days

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad