Speculation: Gostisbehere - Too early to freak out?

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
And in Friedman's 31 thoughts, the Ghost to Mtl rumors were denied, fwiw.

I mean, are trade rumours ever confirmed? :)

I'd love to read a tell-all book from Homer on behind-the-scenes during his tenure. Or Clarke. Didn't Brian Burke write one?

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Shayne Gostisbehere + Picks for Jonathan Drouin? :P

lol... kidding.

Interesting... would you do it? There were rumours that he had fallen out of favour with the Habs.

Not a big fan of his poutfest in Tampa a few years back, but he's got high level pedigree. He's been kind of a middling player.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Interesting... would you do it? There were rumours that he had fallen out of favour with the Habs.

Not a big fan of his poutfest in Tampa a few years back, but he's got high level pedigree. He's been kind of a middling player.
I'd definitely do it but it won't happen. A few million dollars more on the contract and you'd be getting a 50+ point scorer. Would surely put you in a spot to contend for a Stanley Cup.

Drouin | Giroux | Konecny
Lindblom | Couturier | Voracek
van Riemsdyk | Hayes | Farabee
Raffl | Laughton | Pitlick
Frost/+Patrick

Provorov | Niskanen
Sanheim | Braun
Hagg | Myers

Hart
Elliott

Looks like a winning team to me.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I'd definitely do it but it won't happen. A few million dollars more on the contract and you'd be getting a 50+ point scorer. Would surely put you in a spot to contend for a Stanley Cup.

Frost/+Patrick

Provorov | Niskanen
Sanheim | Braun
Hagg | Myers

Hart
Elliott

I'd feel better with a true Hagg replacement. Friedman?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Frost/+Patrick

Provorov | Niskanen
Sanheim | Braun
Hagg | Myers

Hart
Elliott

I'd rather be patient with Frost than pick up Drouin.
That looks like a bad defensive team to me with some mismatched lines.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well if the anti-Ghost group wants to bump this thread, I guess I'll copy/paste this here as yet another example of the sabotage:

Just for sh*ts and giggles, lets look at the some stats IN A GAME WHERE WE NEVER HAD THE LEAD

Defensemens 5v5 icetime

Sanheim - 17:34
Provorov - 16:52
Niskanen - 14:24
Braun - 14:18
Myers - 13:07
Ghost - 11:00
Hagg - 7:43

Ridiculous. Now you may be thinking "But Striiker, you idiot, maybe Ghost had a bad game?!".
Eye test? Absolutely not, he looked great again in all 3 zones. What do the stats say? Well let's take a looksee...

AVs bottom pair rotation...

5v5 CF%
Ghost: 63.64
Myers: 42.86
Hagg: 20.00

5v5 CF%rel
Ghost: 3.07
Myers: -21.85
Hagg: -46.67

5v5 xGF%
Ghost: 66.01
Myers: 29.02
Hagg: 19.09

5v5 xGF%rel
Ghost: 8.51
Myers: -32.24
Hagg: -41.97

Which forwards did Ghost play the most with? The Hayes line, of course!

Laughton-Hayes-Farabee, as a line:
CF%: 37.50
CF%rel: -29.17
xGF%: 29.15
xGF%rel: -34.10

I wonder why he's not producing?!?! Here ya go :lol:

This is a defensemen who just last game had one of the best games we've seen this year, from any of our D, and then the coaches randomly decide to dress 7 D, bury him, use him with a crap line the most, and not even throw him out at the end of the game when they pulled the goalie. What a joke.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Well if the anti-Ghost group wants to bump this thread, I guess I'll copy/paste this here as yet another example of the sabotage:

"You can't change the people around you but you can change the people around you." :thumbu:

You need a vacation buddy.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

Just for sh*ts and giggles, lets look at the some stats IN A GAME WHERE WE NEVER HAD THE LEAD

Defensemens 5v5 icetime

Sanheim - 17:34
Provorov - 16:52
Niskanen - 14:24
Braun - 14:18
Myers - 13:07
Ghost - 11:00
Hagg - 7:43

Ridiculous. Now you may be thinking "But Striiker, you idiot, maybe Ghost had a bad game?!".
Eye test? Absolutely not, he looked great again in all 3 zones. What do the stats say? Well let's take a looksee...

AVs bottom pair rotation...

5v5 CF%
Ghost: 63.64
Myers: 42.86
Hagg: 20.00

5v5 CF%rel
Ghost: 3.07
Myers: -21.85
Hagg: -46.67

5v5 xGF%
Ghost: 66.01
Myers: 29.02
Hagg: 19.09

5v5 xGF%rel
Ghost: 8.51
Myers: -32.24
Hagg: -41.97

Which forwards did Ghost play the most with? The Hayes line, of course!

Laughton-Hayes-Farabee, as a line:
CF%: 37.50
CF%rel: -29.17
xGF%: 29.15
xGF%rel: -34.10

I wonder why he's not producing?!?! Here ya go :lol:

This is a defensemen who just last game had one of the best games we've seen this year, from any of our D, and then the coaches randomly decide to dress 7 D, bury him, use him with a crap line the most, and not even throw him out at the end of the game when they pulled the goalie. What a joke.

You mean the group that likes to say "let it go let it go" and bumps it anyway? It's hilarious :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I mean, are trade rumours ever confirmed? :)

I'd love to read a tell-all book from Homer on behind-the-scenes during his tenure. Or Clarke. Didn't Brian Burke write one?
Burke is good on Hockey Central as he does share some insight on things. Just today:

Says he doesn't like the video of him and Murray on draft day when drafting Kadri. Said it made it look like he didn't respect Murray when he loved dealing with him.

Said he whispered to Kadri on stage(while getting boo'd), "you will come back and kick their ass someday"

Scotty Bowman would give a stick or sweater to the doorman at the hotel. He would tell him to get anyone who came in after curfew, to sign the sweater/stick and then he would make sure to give it back to him the following day. He would ask the players who missed curfew and if no one fessed up, he produced the sweater/stick with the guys who signed it incriminating themselves.

He talked about the Lowe feud. Here it is from a few years ago:

“It got a point where Kevin challenged me to a fight on a radio interview,” Burke told Jurksztowicz. “I’m like that’s not really how you challenge a guy to a fight. If you want to challenge a guy to a fight, you pick a place and a time and you show up. So I called Glen Sather and I said, ‘Look, this guy went on the radio and challenged me to a fight.’ I said, ‘I’m going to be at Lake Placid at the U.S. junior camp.” I gave him three dates. I told him I’d rent a barn and I’d pick the address and the time and I’d fight Kevin Lowe.
And you were serious, Jurksztowicz asked?
“Dead serious. It got to the point where Gary Bettman called me an and said, ‘I hear you guys are thinking about having a fight and if you do I’m going to suspend you both indefinitely.’ That’s how crazy it got between me and Kevin. He’s as stubborn as I am. And there’s no doubt in my mind if we had bumped into each other right about then, we would have fought. No question. He’s not afraid of me. We would have fought for sure. Anyway, my wife overhears this, I think I’m in the privacy of my backyard in California and my wife says, ‘You idiot. You’re going to fight this guy? Are you crazy? You’re a general manager. So it never came to anything, never came close to it.”

I enjoy Burke's honesty on the show.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Burke is good on Hockey Central as he does share some insight on things. Just today:

Says he doesn't like the video of him and Murray on draft day when drafting Kadri. Said it made it look like he didn't respect Murray when he loved dealing with him.

Said he whispered to Kadri on stage(while getting boo'd), "you will come back and kick their ass someday"

Scotty Bowman would give a stick or sweater to the doorman at the hotel. He would tell him to get anyone who came in after curfew, to sign the sweater/stick and then he would make sure to give it back to him the following day. He would ask the players who missed curfew and if no one fessed up, he produced the sweater/stick with the guys who signed it incriminating themselves.

He talked about the Lowe feud. Here it is from a few years ago:

“It got a point where Kevin challenged me to a fight on a radio interview,” Burke told Jurksztowicz. “I’m like that’s not really how you challenge a guy to a fight. If you want to challenge a guy to a fight, you pick a place and a time and you show up. So I called Glen Sather and I said, ‘Look, this guy went on the radio and challenged me to a fight.’ I said, ‘I’m going to be at Lake Placid at the U.S. junior camp.” I gave him three dates. I told him I’d rent a barn and I’d pick the address and the time and I’d fight Kevin Lowe.
And you were serious, Jurksztowicz asked?
“Dead serious. It got to the point where Gary Bettman called me an and said, ‘I hear you guys are thinking about having a fight and if you do I’m going to suspend you both indefinitely.’ That’s how crazy it got between me and Kevin. He’s as stubborn as I am. And there’s no doubt in my mind if we had bumped into each other right about then, we would have fought. No question. He’s not afraid of me. We would have fought for sure. Anyway, my wife overhears this, I think I’m in the privacy of my backyard in California and my wife says, ‘You idiot. You’re going to fight this guy? Are you crazy? You’re a general manager. So it never came to anything, never came close to it.”

I enjoy Burke's honesty on the show.

Haha, that's awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I remember reading a few really detailed accounts on trades that never happened and it was fascinating.

Maybe the next tell-all book will be by Commodore. He's just a little bitter.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Haha, that's awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I remember reading a few really detailed accounts on trades that never happened and it was fascinating.

Maybe the next tell-all book will be by Commodore. He's just a little bitter.
Most Friday's, Burke is on Hockey Central and he usually drops a few stories and also at the end, answers a few questions from viewers. Like today:

Regrets? Going to teams that were possibly getting sold. Said new owners always have a guy in mind they want to work with so so his advice to anyone going to a GM job, find out how long teh owners plan on keeping the team.

Bozak....never met him before the Leafs signed him. Worked on the parents and all the info came from the scouts.

Scouting...can it just be done by watching games on film now? No. Going live, you get to talk to the coach about the player. You get to see how he react to different situations....does he slump his shoulders or stay positive.

Liked dealing with Holmgren/Murray/Caron because they cut to the chase on trades.

He mentioned Ray Edwards as a guy they interviewed while he was in Calgary and would be a great signing. Said he had a hunch Calgary was going to sign him and he texted Treliving asking him and he told him to it was none of his business. 1 hour later, just today, Flames signed him as Asst coach.

I will say...on Lowe, today he added "I will kick his ass, then drive him to the hospital!" :laugh:

That's it for today.

Reactions: flyersnorth

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Most Friday's, Burke is on Hockey Central and he usually drops a few stories and also at the end, answers a few questions from viewers. Like today:

Regrets? Going to teams that were possibly getting sold. Said new owners always have a guy in mind they want to work with so so his advice to anyone going to a GM job, find out how long teh owners plan on keeping the team.

Bozak....never met him before the Leafs signed him. Worked on the parents and all the info came from the scouts.

Scouting...can it just be done by watching games on film now? No. Going live, you get to talk to the coach about the player. You get to see how he react to different situations....does he slump his shoulders or stay positive.

Liked dealing with Holmgren/Murray/Caron because they cut to the chase on trades.

He mentioned Ray Edwards as a guy they interviewed while he was in Calgary and would be a great signing. Said he had a hunch Calgary was going to sign him and he texted Treliving asking him and he told him to it was none of his business. 1 hour later, just today, Flames signed him as Asst coach.

I will say...on Lowe, today he added "I will kick his ass, then drive him to the hospital!" :laugh:

That's it for today.

Zero percent surprised on Homer. I have zero doubt his style involved just laying out what he wants and what he's willing to go with from the start. Probably a minimum of BS.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
tenor (2).gif
You mean the group that likes to say "let it go let it go" and bumps it anyway? It's hilarious :laugh:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Clarke is probably a terrifying old man with shocking elder-strength, but I think Lindros would still pull his head off and take it home. Lindros is a human specimen.
I'm a little disappointed that you don't a GIF of this from your awesomely disturbing collection :(

Edit: Thank you, you beautiful psychotic monster you.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad