Good players that will fall to 40-50?

May 23, 2007
Calgary
I'd love to hear more about torquato...what is his upside? what is his downside? what are his biggest assets? what are his biggest flaws? what style does he play? etc...

He has a huge offensive upside. His biggest assets is that he is willing to take checks in order to make a play for his teammates. He is a real team player. He has great leadership and that shows on the ice. Not much of a talker. His leadership is compared to Jarome Iginla....without dropping the mitts for his teammates. Next year, I expect him to be the full-time captian of the Otters, instead of being a co-captain like this year. His biggest assets is that he rarely gives up on the play. Biggest flaws.....not that good on face-offs. He is compared to Pavol Demitra.....can score and pass.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Zack Torquato

Center, Shoots right, Born in Canada, 6'0, 195 lbs , OHL 65 30 39 69 CSS Ranking - 61
Pros - Versatile, High energy, Two-way abilities, Good wrist shot, Passes well through traffic, Right handed shot.
Cons - His skating stride needs improvement, Lacks consistency around the net.

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
Akim Aliu
Tyson Sexsmith (although after his Memorial Cup he might go higher)
Jeremy Smith
Kevin Marshall
Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i (might go higher, but likely will still be there)

I agree with what everyone has said so far. Some people are very high on G Kent Patterson so he could end up being a steal in the later rounds of the draft.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
considering he has to compete with neuvirth, NO. neuvirth was arguably the best goalie in the OHL this season. IMO smith's stock shouldnt fall because he didnt play in the playoffs.

I agree... I think it was pretty much expected before the playoffs that this is how it would play out.

HoverCarle*

On defense, TJ Brennan brings it all game in game out, a great skater who's improving as we speak... remember the name in a few years

At Forward, i have to agree with Torquato. He and Palmieri are gonna be a sick combo in Erie next season. And at only 6'0" he does not shy away from contact. I liek him in the 2nd round.

i second brennan saw him play first hand. great all around game

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I don't know where he's ranked, but a kid named Andrew Clark is a good little scorer out in the WHL. One thing to worry about is his size.. 5'10, 170 LBS, but he manged to put up 60 PTS in 72 GP in his second year in the WHL..

One thing to note about his size though, is playing the WHL, he'll be tough. Small guys in the WHL can take hits, normally, better than small guys from other leagues, because the WHL is a much more hard hitting league. So there is some bright side with that.

If he can manage to put on another 15-20 LBS in the upcoming two or three years, he'd be a very good project.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad