Good players that will fall to 40-50?

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Sergei Korostin... he's got some sick skills, but size is lacking a bit. I personally am hoping he falls to where the pens pick in the 2nd which I believe is around the 40 mark and they scoop him up. Can't get everything you want though.

May 23, 2007
Calgary
Zach Torquato. Guy has great speed and hands. Im so surprised he's not ranked higher than 30. I would love for the Flames to pick this guy even at 18th. Not gunna happen though.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
If you're looking for D, Mark Katic is a good puckhandling and skating D man, has good vision on the ice, though has some trouble in corners and is on the smaller side- figuring to go mid to late 2nd round

MitchRobichaud

Jun 6, 2007
Halifax
www.hockeysense.ca
2nd or 3rd round steal

On defense, TJ Brennan brings it all game in game out, a great skater who's improving as we speak... remember the name in a few years

At Forward, i have to agree with Torquato. He and Palmieri are gonna be a sick combo in Erie next season. And at only 6'0" he does not shy away from contact. I liek him in the 2nd round.

Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Aug 12, 2006
Zach Torquato. Guy has great speed and hands. Im so surprised he's not ranked higher than 30. I would love for the Flames to pick this guy even at 18th. Not gunna happen though.

agreed torquato got caught up in that whole fiasco in Saginaw and then was dealt the the worst team in the OHL.....I could honestly see a team use a late first on him....but id expect him in the 40-65 range

CapGoodie

Feb 19, 2007
New Scotland

100% agree. In a draft where there aren't a lot of players with something obviously special about their games - Turqato is a breath of fresh air. If he really doesn't end up selected towards the end of the second or high third he's going to make some GM look like a Genius. 5 or 6 months from now I expect him to be right under Stamkos and Tavares a top the OHL scoring list.

pleading guilty to the assualt in Saginaw and then getting traded out of town gives a little pause, but in a wider picture who knows what his role in that was. Plus, he was such a hit in Erie, becoming captain and really taking the reigns. Too bad for Turqato (as well as Josh Kidd and a lesser extent Palmieri) that Erie proably never played a game in front of a single scout after the trade deadline because he's been short changed as a result IMO. Turqato was hot and cold at the u-18's but I'm convinced he showed enough to come out from under the radar and get selected ahead of where he falls in most rankings.

Ditto for Josh Kidd, very under rated down there in Erie - no way a d-man with his size and mobility is that far down the list if he's playing on a decent team, with decent exposure, and an iota of help in the form of a decent OHL calibre d-partner.

Last edited:

HABSMANIA21*

Sergei Korostin... he's got some sick skills, but size is lacking a bit. I personally am hoping he falls to where the pens pick in the 2nd which I believe is around the 40 mark and they scoop him up. Can't get everything you want though.

if your talking about sergei kostitsyn hes already drafted and montreal signed him so he wont be in the draft.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i have to agree with everyone on torquato. he is great. i had him ranked #24 in my top 60 that i posted about a month ago. i dont think he will go that high, but he could end up being a huge steal in the second round.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Akim Aliu
Tyson Sexsmith (although after his Memorial Cup he might go higher)
Jeremy Smith
Kevin Marshall
Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i (might go higher, but likely will still be there)

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
I'd love to hear more about torquato...what is his upside? what is his downside? what are his biggest assets? what are his biggest flaws? what style does he play? etc...

Ape Clutch

Jul 19, 2004
if your talking about sergei kostitsyn hes already drafted and montreal signed him so he wont be in the draft.

lol dude, plz show up and apologize, alot habs fan would love to see a bunch of hf'ers to apologize about price, do ur part when ur wrong :teach:

Sticky*

If you're looking for D, Mark Katic is a good puckhandling and skating D man, has good vision on the ice, though has some trouble in corners and is on the smaller side- figuring to go mid to late 2nd round

After watching him more this year, he remids me of Brian Campbell when he played for the 67's. Just an observation, not saying he is gonna have the same developmental curve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->