OT: Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Got fitted last night fellas. Stealth plus Driver and plus 3 wood , f*** it, it’s only money.

And under normal times I would of got custom in orange, but Flyers have broke me, didn’t do it.
How long will it take to get them? You'll have to keep us updated as to how they are. V jealous

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
How long will it take to get them? You'll have to keep us updated as to how they are. V jealous

Plan is to adjust the 3 wood to a 4 wood, but was hitting it so good at the fitting.

Driver wasn't huge diff as I hit it straight , baby fade and shortish, but the side spin was WAY down compared to my Mavrik, so hoping the lazy swings will limit the big , short , balloon slice.

They say 1st week of February :) The TM rep golfs at my club too, so been assured i am good . Will post pic as soon as they arrive :)

Side note I ordered my 790s last spring and got them quite quickly. Buddy in Kelowna ordered them also in May, but with special X stiff shafts, they arrived last week !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Plan is to adjust the 3 wood to a 4 wood, but was hitting it so good at the fitting.

Driver wasn't huge diff as I hit it straight , baby fade and shortish, but the side spin was WAY down compared to my Mavrik, so hoping the lazy swings will limit the big , short , balloon slice.

They say 1st week of February :) The TM rep golfs at my club too, so been assured i am good . Will post pic as soon as they arrive :)

Side note I ordered my 790s last spring and got them quite quickly. Buddy in Kelowna ordered them also in May, but with special X stiff shafts, they arrived last week !!!!!!!!!!!!
Cant wait to see the pics!

That's nice that you got your irons rather quickly! That's crazy about your buddy. Ordered irons in the spring and never got to use them this year...wild.

How do you like the irons? There was an adjustment period with mine but by the end of the year, I was hitting them pretty well.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Cant wait to see the pics!

That's nice that you got your irons rather quickly! That's crazy about your buddy. Ordered irons in the spring and never got to use them this year...wild.

How do you like the irons? There was an adjustment period with mine but by the end of the year, I was hitting them pretty well.

Adjustment for me as well, but now love them. Will have them for a long time now.

Stealth Driver , 3 w
P790
Spider EX
TM wedges

Then the old Callaway Razr 3h , 4h. I LOVE the 4h, will never get rid of it lol

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Look at this beautiful set up,,,

upload_2022-2-6_12-2-1.jpeg

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Look at this beautiful set up,,,

View attachment 505207

I got the spider putter too. Took a bit to adjust but Im loving it. Has definitely taken a few strokes off my game.

Also, I am looking to get fitted but how do I not get ripped off? I really want to go all in on my golf game this year (I shoot low 90s normally, trying to get mid to low 80s). It seems from the experiences that I am reading that its very easy for them to rip you off.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I got the spider putter too. Took a bit to adjust but Im loving it. Has definitely taken a few strokes off my game.

Also, I am looking to get fitted but how do I not get ripped off? I really want to go all in on my golf game this year (I shoot low 90s normally, trying to get mid to low 80s). It seems from the experiences that I am reading that its very easy for them to rip you off.

Not sure how to get ripped off ?? I’m a member at a club so it is free to get fitted. These irons that I got to you order per club.

But if you are gonna invest, 100% get fitted if you can.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I’m usually a TM hater but the new Stealth is visually one of the best drivers I’ve ever seen.

I’m supposed to head to Palm Springs in a couple weeks to do nothing but golf and chill in a pool. Hibernating until then so I get a negative Covid test.

I’ve only hit in simulator so far but the reduction in side spin is incredible so far.

This adjustable 3wood is so far so good as well. Played yest and have it set to a 4wood.

I love how the TM stuff looks. These 790 irons are incredible to look down at

Reactions: orangecrush8

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

I mean, you can go to Dick's and get fitter there. It's not the most in depth, but that's where I went for my irons last year.

Not sure where in MD/VA you are, but you could also try GOLFTEC. They have a location in Ellicott City, Towson and Annapolis. There's also Club Champion. They have locations in Fairfax, Rockville and Owing Mills.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

The shafts is where the the extra charges come from, especially on the driver and fairway woods.

If you go to a reputable dealer you don’t have to worry about getting ripped off. My recommendation would be to ask questions about your top performing options and get a breakdown of costs vs performance. You can make an educated decision on what is worth it to you.

It of course goes without saying, but I would also seriously consider lessons. A 10 shot improvement is absolutely doable, but proper fitting equipment alone won’t get you there. I’d personally start with lessons and then get fitted but that’s just me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hurricane28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad