OT: Golf Thread Part 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Whatever you do, just leave it alone please. The last thing we need is for ANOTHER thread to have a sticky taking up half of every page. They are useless.
Although this is wrong, because you can put put long posts in
, the problem is that Cody would have to edit the OP, every time you edit the picks post. You could just create a draft thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cody Webster

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
It's not wrong, it takes up far too much space. And I understand about the editing - I have been doing it every day for the better part of two years in our draft threads.
You don't get it. It takes up no more space than any other post. Pm a mod and they'll explain how the quote formatting works.

Why can't you just do what every HF draft I've seen since 2008 does and create a draft thread THE WAY YOU DO IN THE MEGA DRAFT? Also since we're drafting and not discussing golf in the golf thread it's all off topic posts which is against policy. I've been doing this 2008.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You don't get it. It takes up no more space than any other post. Pm a mod and they'll explain how the quote formatting works. Why can't you just do what every HF draft I've seen since 2008 does and create a draft thread. Also since we're drafting and not discussing golf in the golf thread it's all off topic posts which is against policy.

Why don't you just let me take care of it and not start an argument? I didn't start a new thread because there are too many f***ing threads already.

And by the way, for the last time, I do f***ing get it and you're wrong. You are talking about the space it takes to quote something. Why the f*** would somebody quote a post on the top of every page? It's stupid and makes reading a thread totally unwieldy when all you have to do is go to the first page - or bookmark the spreadsheet, which I don't fill out for the enjoyment of filling out spreadsheets - or better yet, just pay attention to the shit as it happens.

I don't know why you decided to be this confrontational today, but I'd suggest trying another way.

@bennysflyers16 you are still up, goof.

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
WE ARE STARTING THE MAJORS DRAFT! HERE IS THE ORDER!

Round One

• CanadianFlyer88 - Collin Morikawa
  • Captain Dave Poulin - Viktor Hovland
  • Trostol - Jordan Spieth
  • Young Sandwich - Jon Rahm
  • bennysflyers16 -
  • Hurricane28 -
  • Cody Webster -
  • Vlad -
  • Tripod -
  • Hollywood Couturier -
  • Shang Chi -
  • SanBlom -

Round Two
  • SanBlom -
  • Shang Chi
  • Hollywood Couturier -
  • Tripod -
  • Vlad -
  • Cody Webster -
  • Hurricane28 -
  • bennysflyers16 -
  • Young Sandwich -
  • Trostol -
  • Captain Dave Poulin -
  • CanadianFlyer88 -

Round Three
  • CanadianFlyer88 -
  • Captain Dave Poulin -
  • Trostol -
  • Young Sandwich -
  • bennysflyers16 -
  • Hurricane28 -
  • Cody Webster -
  • Vlad -
  • Tripod -
  • Hollywood Couturier -
  • Shang Chi
  • SanBlom -

Round Four
  • SanBlom -
  • Shang Chi -
  • Hollywood Couturier -
  • Tripod -
  • Vlad -
  • Cody Webster -
  • Hurricane28 -
  • bennysflyers16 -
  • Young Sandwich -
  • Trostol -
  • Captain Dave Poulin -
  • CanadianFlyer88 -

The winner is the loser who has the largest total earnings from his four golfers in the four majors. Here is the spreadsheet on which I will keep track. (I am still editing it.) Remember to tag the next person in your post when you pick. We have a little more than a week, so let's do it the same way as the Quackverse - you have 12 hours to make your pick in the first round, six hours after that. If you have any questions, just ask. If you have any complaints, address them to my butt, C/O Try-hard Garbage Enterprises.

"It's stupid and makes reading a thread totally unwieldy when all you have to do is go to the first page" @Captain Dave Poulin

Geez kid, calm down. The quote formatting, I mentioned is posted above. It takes up no more space than a normal post. If you'd ever been in an HF draft outside of this forum, you'd know that you always start a new thread. You start a new thread for the Mega draft. If you start a new thread GMs can conveniently search (Control F) the OP to see if their player is taken. YOU CAN'T GO TO THE FIRST PAGE HERE. THE DRAFT THREAD IS NOT THERE. You want to have the draft thread in the middle of the golf thread so there's no quick and easy way to check the draft list. If you need an example of a professionally run draft, there it is > ATD 2022 Draft Thread III

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Geez kid, calm down. The quote formatting, I mentioned is posted above. It takes up no more space than a normal post. If you'd ever been in an HF draft outside of this forum, you'd know that you always start a new thread. You start a new thread for the Mega draft. YOU CAN'T GO TO THE FIRST PAGE. THE DRAFT THREAD IS NOT THERE. For one thing having a draft inside a discussion thread is all off topic posts which is against policy. If you have .n OP in a new thread GMs can conveniently search (Control F) to see if their player is taken. You want to have the draft thread in the middle of the golf thread so there's no quick and easy way to check the draft list. What page is it on, for example? If you need an example of a professionally run draft, there it is > ATD 2022 Draft Thread III

I don't need help. If you want to see an example of a professionally run draft, here is the 16th f***ing phase of one, going on now.

NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SIXTEEN! Part One!

I told you why I made an exception in this thread. Play along or drop out, but either way stop complaining about it.

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
"It's stupid and makes reading a thread totally unwieldy when all you have to do is go to the first page" @Captain Dave Poulin

Geez kid, calm down. The quote formatting, I mentioned is posted above. It takes up no more space than a normal post. If you'd ever been in an HF draft outside of this forum, you'd know that you always start a new thread. You start a new thread for the Mega draft. If you start a new thread GMs can conveniently search (Control F) the OP to see if their player is taken. YOU CAN'T GO TO THE FIRST PAGE HERE. THE DRAFT THREAD IS NOT THERE. You want to have the draft thread in the middle of the golf thread so there's no quick and easy way to check the draft list. If you need an example of a professionally run draft, there it is > ATD 2022 Draft Thread III
I was still re-writing, but I'm glad you came to your senses.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
@VladDrag @Young Sandwich

They are opening this place a stones throw away from my house and I am thinking about singing up for it. At $90/month, that seems like a pretty good deal considering if you go to Playaround or anywhere else, cost is about $50/hour. If I can go over there at like 8PM on a Wednesday night for nothing, it seems pretty hard to say no. Agree?

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

They are opening this place a stones throw away from my house and I am thinking about singing up for it. At $90/month, that seems like a pretty good deal considering if you go to Playaround or anywhere else, cost is about $50/hour. If I can go over there at like 8PM on a Wednesday night for nothing, it seems pretty hard to say no. Agree?
That's a great deal!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace

Yeah I'm definitely jealous. You bastard.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Also - they are opening a PGA superstore in Plymouth Meeting. I haven't been to one yet, will be interesting to compare to Golf Galaxy.
Yeah, that's going in the shopping center right down the road from where this is. I've been to one once before. From what I remember, they are pretty much the same thing, really don't think there was much difference. Looks like it is set to open this weekend.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I had a putter fitting over the weekend - I was blown away by how technical you can get to truly evaluate the stroke quality, roll quality, etc. It used Quintic software and I went through about 10-12 putters with various loft adjustments before finding the right match.

Ended up pulling the trigger on an Odyssey White Hot OG Double Wide. Should be here in a month. Can’t wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad