OT: Golf Thread Part 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
@Cody Webster

Couple of wedge sets I saw that might be decent:

Clevland RTX-4 Wedges (most underrated wedges, IMO)
Cleveland RTX4 RAW wedge set 50, 54, 58 | eBay (Raw wedges rust, they say it's supposed to add spin, but I don't know if that's true. You can get some CLR and clean them if you want. Grooves look decent)

Vokey SM-8s
New wedges - Titleist Vokey SM8 Brushed Steel 56/60* Sand/Lob Wedge Set D D DG Steel | eBay
Used - Titleist Vokey SM8 Brushed Steel 56/60* Sand/Lob Wedge Set D D DG Steel | eBay

Callaway MD-5 Jaws
I play callaway wedges right now (need to replace the 52/56), and I really enjoy them. I have a 60* full toe that is absolutely amazing)
(NEW) New RH Callaway Jaws MD5 50*,54*,58* Wedge Set - DG S200 Stiff Flex Steel Shafts | eBay

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
@Cody Webster

Couple of wedge sets I saw that might be decent:

Clevland RTX-4 Wedges (most underrated wedges, IMO)
Cleveland RTX4 RAW wedge set 50, 54, 58 | eBay (Raw wedges rust, they say it's supposed to add spin, but I don't know if that's true. You can get some CLR and clean them if you want. Grooves look decent)

Vokey SM-8s
New wedges - Titleist Vokey SM8 Brushed Steel 56/60* Sand/Lob Wedge Set D D DG Steel | eBay
Used - Titleist Vokey SM8 Brushed Steel 56/60* Sand/Lob Wedge Set D D DG Steel | eBay

Callaway MD-5 Jaws
I play callaway wedges right now (need to replace the 52/56), and I really enjoy them. I have a 60* full toe that is absolutely amazing)
(NEW) New RH Callaway Jaws MD5 50*,54*,58* Wedge Set - DG S200 Stiff Flex Steel Shafts | eBay
Thanks for the links! I have been doing some searching myself today as work is pretty slow.

Cane across these: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 MG2 Black 56/60* Sand/Lob Wedge Set LB Stiff Excellent | eBay

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Came across this add on GolfWRX. Sent a message to see if they are still available

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Came across this add on GolfWRX. Sent a message to see if they are still available

I would buy these, but the 56* is a bit on the low bounce side. But these give you great options.

The MG2’s are also nice. Can’t really go wrong with either I don’t think.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
@VladDrag @Young Sandwich

What is your opinion on these?

Inquired about these... *PRICE DROPS* Tour SIM Max GD TP-7 X, TM MG2 TW 60/56, RLX Golf Pullover

Last edited:
Reactions: Young Sandwich

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

Inquired about these... *PRICE DROPS* Tour SIM Max GD TP-7 X, TM MG2 TW 60/56,

Inquired about these... *PRICE DROPS* Tour SIM Max GD TP-7 X, TM MG2 TW 60/56, RLX Golf Pullover

RLX Golf Pullover
The RTX-4s are supposed to be some of the most underrated, best wedges (Cleveland in general). They look nice as well.

The TW MG2’s are nice as well. If you don’t k ow the TW means tiger woods. It’s in his spec

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
The RTX-4s are supposed to be some of the most underrated, best wedges (Cleveland in general). They look nice as well.

The TW MG2’s are nice as well. If you don’t k ow the TW means tiger woods. It’s in his spec
Good to know about the RTXs. The nice thing with those is that it's all three wedges, but I'd prefer to stay with the current 52,56,60 that I have know, which is why I might go with the TMs if they are still available. If not, I'll probably inquire about the Clevelands

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Good to know about the RTXs. The nice thing with those is that it's all three wedges, but I'd prefer to stay with the current 52,56,60 that I have know, which is why I might go with the TMs if they are still available. If not, I'll probably inquire about the Clevelands
If those are your current lofts I think you may want to stick with that gapping. You'd eventually get used to the change, but it may take a little time to do so.

Reactions: VladDrag

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
If those are your current lofts I think you may want to stick with that gapping. You'd eventually get used to the change, but it may take a little time to do so.
@Cody Webster you got the p770’s? That PW is 46*. FWIW, Vokey recommends 4-6* between wedges (each degree represents 1.5-3 yards or so). They would recommend the 50,54,58 route. But as young said, do what you are comfortable with.

I play with a 52 and 60, no sand wedge. My 52 gets a lot of play, basically anything from 65-120 yards, plus lots of green side chipping. The 60 is most bunkers, rough, and pitch shots from 45ish out.

Also - I was at GG the other day and they have a lot of used wedges right now. Price will likely be a bit higher but you could check out what they got. Also 2nd swing in Delaware is awesome for used clubs.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Yosh, thank you..

WHO WANTS TO TAKE PART IN THE GOLF MAJORS DRAFT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hurricane
Pervert
Vlad
Asspain
Cody
what has two thumbs and wants to do the golf thing....

tenor.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
One part I'm excited about with coming home is getting back to playing more with friends and family. I could never find a good group down here in DC and the courses weren't great for the prices. Looking forward to playing more Mercer Oaks/Mountain View up near Trenton where my uncle and grandpop play and Pennsauken CC and some courses down the shore-McColloughs and Cape May National are my two favorite down there.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Bought these on Monday and they arrived today. They are a 56° and 60°, I'll now begin my search for a new 52°, although it's not high on my list. Of course I got an email today from eBay giving me some money off on a 50,54,58 set of mg2's that looked to be in perfect condition. Would have been like $260 for all 3 vs $200 for these 2...oh well.

They are in great shape even if the picture doesn't make it look like they are.
IMG_20220325_163212_01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad