Other Sports: Golf Thread - Majors Draft 2023

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
The owner of Valhalla went and scooped him out of the slammer and brought him to the course. On ESPN, they are playing an interview with a local attorney who was appointed on his behalf

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I just got back from a quick simulator session. The place had a cool special where you put in 10 bucks, randomly assigned a tour pro and play the back 9 at Valhalla on the simulator. You couple your score with the pro's best score throughout the week.

I entered and got Shane Lowry, which is pretty good. They had the entire field in there, so there are some stinker choices... I ended up shooting 5 over on the simulator --two doubles and one bogey. 6 pars.

They had this auto putt thing where you basically had to stick it to ~4' on every approach shot otherwise it was an automatic two-putt. I can never chip on the simulators, it's not a strong point in my game anyways, but I just don't know how hard to hit it. On the doubles, I missed the green with the approach, and had to chip twice because both times I over shot the landing spot.
How much does that cost?

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I may have missed it, but how was the merch?

I feel like I’d spend a mortgage payment in about an hour there.
Totally missed this.

The merch was pretty solid. They have two big stores, one at each entrance, that has everything, then around the course there are little merch shacks that sell a few hats, flags and that's about it. Every year they release a new gnome, and they sell out within the first hour the gates open, so everyone heads to the store to try and get the gnome. The first morning we went, we weren't getting a gnome, and got in around 8:30 and the line to get into the merch store was a mile long, not quite an actual mile, but it went back a long, long way. Just like everything else there, they keep it really well organized. The line stays to the right on the sidewalk and then when you get close they have the cattle shoots to keep it organized. Once you get in, they have a section where they sell t-shirts, one sections for hats, one section for polo's and pullovers, one section for kids, one for women's, etc. In the middle of the store they have other stuff like glasses, ornaments and stuff like that. In each section, they have all the options up on the wall with an assigned number, so when you get up to the counter, you just tell them the size and the number and they grab it for you. It's very efficient. Everything is pretty reasonably priced as well. The polo's were $90, t-shirts $35-$50, hats the same, pullovers were $125. They did have another section that had more boogie pullovers and polo's, but I didn't buy anything from that section, so not sure what prices were on those

The second day, Sunday, we did get there before the gates opened and walked right into the store and grabbed one of the small gnomes and one of the large ones. I believe they set aside a specific amount of each piece of merch to sell each day, but on Sunday, sizes were definitely limited.

1715956693846.jpeg

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
How much does that cost?
It depends on the time of day (and day itself). It’s about 30 bucks per 1/2 hr. You can get thru a round in ~45 mins. I usually do 1hr or 1.5hr. Around 60-80 bucks. But it doesn’t change on the people in the sim. So 4 hrs ends up being ~60-70 bucks for 4 people.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
So after getting bailed out and finally arriving back to the golf course (with a pushed back tee-time) Scottie Sheffler shot a -5 and is currently tied for 3rd.

476721e0-a518-4466-9a85-a5f602563384_text.gif
Everyone had pushed back tee times, not just Scottie

But yes, to shoot 5 under after going through all that and being two off the lead, sure is something

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad