Goldie and Potvin

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
They dealt with the losing, pathetic play about as long as we all did, and they had to talk through it all about it all. Especially Goldie, now you guys wanna complain about their excitedness with how great the team is? C'mon guys.

EstConf96*

They dealt with the losing, pathetic play about as long as we all did, and they had to talk through it all about it all. Especially Goldie, now you guys wanna complain about their excitedness with how great the team is? C'mon guys.

Yes? They are getting paid to talk so i expect them to be informative and proffesional. Atm they are just repeating the same lines and on top of that having ridicolous amounts (hfboards levels) of homerism. They should take notes from the Columbus and Carolina broadcasters. Is it no longer acceptable to demand/request anything above bad/average due to the team being good?

This is my point of view as a seasoned fan of the Panthers. For new fans the current state of boradcasting can be argued as something positive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
It is a drag hearing about them going on about every "missed" call, but all in all they are better than anything we previously had.

Last edited:

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Billy has been awesome on nhl network.

having someone with Panther ties in the seats is great for our exposure.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Randy Moller is excellent. I feel like being between the benches isn't a good use of his talent.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Yes? They are getting paid to talk so i expect them to be informative and proffesional. Atm they are just repeating the same lines and on top of that having ridicolous amounts (hfboards levels) of homerism. They should take notes from the Columbus and Carolina broadcasters. Is it no longer acceptable to demand/request anything above bad/average due to the team being good?

This is my point of view as a seasoned fan of the Panthers. For new fans the current state of boradcasting can be argued as something positive.

Definitely. I was impressed with those two broadcasters.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
I get everyone loves Bill Lindsay as a person. I've met him and he was super nice. But he's not a good broadcaster. He's insightful but he stutters and bumbles something furious and just isn't a good public speaker.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

Excellent point.

Listen to other teams broadcast and you appreciate ours.

Nine to Five

Now Eight to Four!
Jul 7, 2009
Excellent point.

Listen to other teams broadcast and you appreciate ours.

Not sure if I agree with this
Just came by as a canuck fan because I was curious how you guys felt about your broadcasting team.
I'm an avid NHL fan, even though my home team is the canucks so I watch a ton of games on GCL.

I've always felt the FLA pbp guy to be homer'ish but nothing crazy. The Potvin guy always annoyed me.
The hurricanes guys are superb, along with the Stars crew. I also like the Kings crew.

Surprised you guys would consider the Caps or Jackets crew to be decent, I always thought their homerism leaked through the TV too much. The colour guy for the canucks is awful too, I wish I could turn him off

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Randy Moller really is a great radio broadcaster and would be fun to have calling it on TV. There's really only been one great PBP guy on TV though for us, and that's Dave Strader, who since he was from ESPN, was pretty unbiased on most nights I thought.

Yeah Billy isn't really good at it, that's evident. I think he might actually be better than Potvin though, at least he's a bit more "with it". I don't hate Goldie as he defends the team pretty well, but we can do better I think.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
For everyone complaining. Two words.

Dave. Mishkin. Holy cow. Tony esposito too, who I actually like.

HOW COULD THEY CALL THAT RAWWWRRRRRRRR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad