Goldie and Potvin

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
When I first heard that Potvin was returning, I was amped. I loved it. I thought he was an upgrade to Lindsay, and I was just generally excited that he was back. But boy, does this guy have to go, like NOW. He is condescending, repeats the same thing over and over, and just goes on rants that sometimes makes you scratch your head. And the last two nights have been unacceptable. One night you call someone an idiot, and the following night you call someone a low life? For real? I get you are an emotional homer, but you are a professional broadcaster, and you should not be saying things like that.

And speaking of homer...Goldie, cmonnnnnn! I love him, but damn, turn down the homerism a little bit. We know Barkov is good, we know Ekblad is good, we know you are trying to sell this youngsters to new viewers, but enough is enough. And enough with the damn who pays what bill at the restaurant, geesh. Get some new stuff man.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I miss Lindsay.

I was in the minority, but I was not a fan of Potvin coming back. He is very condescending.
I did think the peanut butter finger thing was unintentionally hilarious. I like him more after that comment!

The lowlife comment was not good though.

And yeah Goldie has got worse. His homerism is one of the worst in the league now.

EstConf96*

I miss Lindsay.

I was in the minority, but I was not a fan of Potvin coming back. He is very condescending.
I did think the peanut butter finger thing was unintentionally hilarious. I like him more after that comment!

The lowlife comment was not good though.

And yeah Goldie has got worse. His homerism is one of the worst in the league now.

Can't stress this enough. I however like Potivn at times but for a whole game no thanks. Goldie has been bad in my opinion ever since i started to watch Panthers games on a regular basis. His homerism is at levels with what ive seen on Hfboards and he needs to seriously tone that down. I like the Columbus broadcasters from what ive seen of them this season.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
All the team specified announcers are homers, some are more, some are less. The ideology behind it isn't going to change with different guys.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I like Goldie but I think his homerism is a little out of hand. However I have reason to believe that Potvin has helped guide Goldie into this pit of biased announcing.

I would be fine if Moller took over for Potvin and/or have Bill Lindsay return to TV.

Jan 19, 2006
When I first heard that Potvin was returning, I was amped. I loved it. I thought he was an upgrade to Lindsay, and I was just generally excited that he was back. But boy, does this guy have to go, like NOW. He is condescending, repeats the same thing over and over, and just goes on rants that sometimes makes you scratch your head. And the last two nights have been unacceptable. One night you call someone an idiot, and the following night you call someone a low life? For real? I get you are an emotional homer, but you are a professional broadcaster, and you should not be saying things like that.

And speaking of homer...Goldie, cmonnnnnn! I love him, but damn, turn down the homerism a little bit. We know Barkov is good, we know Ekblad is good, we know you are trying to sell this youngsters to new viewers, but enough is enough. And enough with the damn who pays what bill at the restaurant, geesh. Get some new stuff man.

None of this is new though....

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Can't stress this enough. I however like Potivn at times but for a whole game no thanks. Goldie has been bad in my opinion ever since i started to watch Panthers games on a regular basis. His homerism is at levels with what ive seen on Hfboards and he needs to seriously tone that down. I like the Columbus broadcasters from what ive seen of them this season.

The Carolina commentators are pretty good as well.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
I definitely don't miss Lindsey, but Potvin is BAD. Goldie isn't horrible; I just wish he wouldn't try so hard with the jinx comments.

From commentators, I just want play by play. I don't need their 2 cents... I should be able to turn away from the tv and listen as if I were listening to the radio.. But it's far from that. I guaranteed if you added up all the time this season they either complained about refs, talked about their food on the road and play in the 20th century -- it would add up to more time than actual in game play by play. Which is why I now either watch away broadcasts or turn the volume wayyyy low.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Yeah, Potvin can go. I like Goldie though. I like the excitement in his calls. Some opposition broadcasts sound so dead.

-ghoste

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Yeah, Potvin can go. I like Goldie though. I like the excitement in his calls. Some opposition broadcasts sound so dead.

-ghoste

I was watching the Kings game last night, after the Panthers game, and boy did I almost pass out from the Kings broadcast. He sounded like he was going through the play by play of someone renting a book from the library.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Like i said in the other thread, we should start a #BringBackBilly campaign! Uncle Potvin just needs to retire already.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I was watching the Kings game last night, after the Panthers game, and boy did I almost pass out from the Kings broadcast. He sounded like he was going through the play by play of someone renting a book from the library.

Lol nailed it....kopitar SCooooresszzzzzzzzzz

meanwhile, blackhawks radio is like an alarm clock.

Kane he scores....HAWKSWIN

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think Potvin just had it and voiced his frustration that so many of us have over the officiating the last few games. I mean, we've gotten 1 pp over the last two games, and just had to watch as our 19 year old franchise defenseman got annihilated and fell to the ice helmetless, with no call on the play. Now he's got a concussion and it's probably the beginning of what's going to be a lingering issue his whole career. Basically, he just got Crosby'd. I could care less if anyone's feelings are hurt because of a peanut butter or lowlife comment. Cherry does twice as bad every single week.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I think Potvin just had it and voiced his frustration that so many of us have over the officiating the last few games. I mean, we've gotten 1 pp over the last two games, and just had to watch as our 19 year old franchise defenseman got annihilated and fell to the ice helmetless, with no call on the play. Now he's got a concussion and it's probably the beginning of what's going to be a lingering issue his whole career. Basically, he just got Crosby'd. I could care less if anyone's feelings are hurt because of a peanut butter or lowlife comment. Cherry does twice as bad every single week.

I couldn't agree more

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I blame Goldie for the win streak ending. He milked it way too much. Every 5 seconds he was reminding us that we were on a X game win streak...

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
people would complain that they're too objective and that they're florida panther's announcer and analyst and should support the team more

goldie as a play by play guy is very good. Potvin talks too much.

#firstplaceproblems

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
While I'm glad both are invested into the Panthers, I feel like their homer-ism goes a tad too far at times. Maybe some feel the same way, or don't.

I just feel, overall, Potvin, either goes off on some weird non hockey tirade or acts like a loud drunk fan when discussing a penalty or something questionable. Goldie can really over do the pro-panther bias at times, but, for the most part, I'm ok with him.

I agree with batting1k about Goldie and the win streak.

Going to commercial: "Can the Panthers hold on to their lead and the xx win streak?"
Coming back from commercial" "Welcome back, the Panthers are in the lead trying to keep their XX win streak going"
Everyother sentence: Had to do with the winning streak.

He over did it and the hockey gods punished us.

Logical thing would be to burn him at the stake. :sarcasm:

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
people would complain that they're too objective and that they're florida panther's announcer and analyst and should support the team more

#firstplaceproblems
Thissssss. This exactly. Lindsey was a good analyst. Hated the move when it happened, and my initial emotions have been proven to be spot on.
I didn't like Potvin the first time he was here either, did the same thing he does now, completely ignores the game and talks about nothing related to it, and hijacks the broadcast right as the intenses heat of the action is going on.

And yes, Goldie is totally influenced by Potvin. Put him back with Lindsey and he'd be fine.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

#firstplaceproblems

He talks, not talks too much. If he had something to say, Id be cool with it, but some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth :blah:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad